five

I open my eyes the moment I hear my mobile ringing. And he wasn’t there anymore, where the hell did, he go? Did I really just kiss a demon? My head starts to spin as slowly the things started to sink in. I just made a deal with a demon, sold my body to him, and I freaking nearly made out with him. Okay, hot but still a demon, what the hell is wrong with me. And the guy- demon then just disappears on me. As if real humans retaliating wasn’t enough.

“Hello who is this?” I quickly pick up the call as the phone barely literally has pulled me out of my weird rant. Well, I do have had an eventful day no excuses there. I am at the verge of losing my sanity if I haven’t already that is.

“Hello am I speaking to Ms. Alissa?” I give a nod in agreement even though the woman can’t really see me.

“Yes, who is this?” I ask, I am lost as to who this woman is and why she decided that it was prefect time to call me at ten in the night. Who does that?

“I am speaking from the hospital. Your mother has woken up.” And the phone slips from my hand. What did she just say? Why mom is awake? Like awake, awake?

“Okay, I am coming I am coming.” I pick up my mobile, hurriedly dust it off with my hand and tell her that I will be on my way and later declined the call after thanking her.

Does that mean that deal thing and all actually worked out. It was not some peculiar dream, scam or whatever. Well, I knew it the moment he raised my car into the air or when he fused the street bulb. And now my mother is out of coma. All of this is too odd for me to believe but it is happening.

Nonetheless I have my mom back and that’s what matters.

Whether things make sense or not it is the last thing that I am worried about. I search for my car keys in my pants pocket and start the car. I can’t wait to see my mom. My eyes are glistening with tears that can fall off at any moment. But these tears are not of sorrow or sadness, these are happy tears. I am too overwhelmed by now to even express how I am feeling.

“Mom…” I yell as I enter into the hospital ward where she is admitted. And true to the intangible words of the demon, my mother is there sitting on the bed. She smiles once she notices me and to be honest it has never been too hard to not shed tears.

So, I rush towards her and engulf her in a hug but keeping in kind to not put to pressure as various machines are still there attached to her body but she seemed healthy again, after a long time. I ugly-cry while keeping my head on her shoulder as her warm sent reminded me just how much I missed these arms, this embrace.

“Shhh don’t cry sweetie. I am alright.” She keeps on repeating those words as if to assure me that she is really okay now.

“Mom, I missed you so much… Don’t you ever leave me again like this.” My cries die down a little and by now only sobs remain.

I don’t know if I will ever see that demon ever again in my life. I don’t care if he has advantage in this deal. All I know is that he did what I have been begging God to do. Ironically instead of a God in a church, my prayers were heard at a cross-road by a demon. Not what I was expecting and certainly it isn’t something which happens in daily life.

“I should go and talk to the doctor.” I tell her and she gives me a little nod before breaking the hug.

I wipe my tears and grin to myself and I am sure to most I must be looking like a crazy woman who has gone nuts as I pass by people to the doctor’s room who has been assigned my mother’s case. I stop at the door and take a few deep breathes. ‘Don’t worry Alis, everything is fine now.’ I tell myself as I open the door.

I greet the doctor and take a seat. He reviews my mother’s test results and other documents while I try not to bite my nails in nervousness. A habit I picked when I was a kid. My hands get clammy and I am sweating a ton as doctor continues to flip through pages.

“Everything good. Like really good. It’s almost like a miracle Ms. Alissa.” The doctor says with amusement as the results surprised him, me too doctor. Me too. It surely is a miracle.

“So, when can she be discharged doctor?” I ask while tapping my foot lightly growing impatient to know when my mother can leave these damned gloomy white four walls.

“Like I said everything is great. So, she can be discharged whenever you will like. But I will suggest that you let her stay here for at least two or three days more so that she will regain more energy as she is still a bit weak.

Her tumor in lungs is completely gone like it was never there to begin with. I have to tell you Ms. Alissa God is looking after you and your family.” I want to laugh at that statement. I don't know about God but a demon is indeed looking out for me and my mother.

“Thank you doctor. I will let her stay here for few days.” I tell the doctor and give him my gratitude before bidding bye and I start to scream and jump in pure delight the moment I step out of his office. I am just so freaking happy that I can careless when people eye me like I am a mad woman.

+ + +

So here I am back with another update after finally being done with my exams. How were your exams (if you had just in case). Really it's overwhelming the relief you feel once your exams come to an end isn't it hehe.

Anyway I hope you guys liked this update. Next update will be of SECOND CHANCE AT LOVE.