Number One of the Top Ten Anime Betrayal is Traitor Tommy

The car is stuffy and there's no room for anything. Wilbur's guitar is between his legs. His fingers drum a simple beat on the case while he hums softly to the song on the radio.

Techno is sitting on the passenger seat, headphones in, trying desperately to ignore Tommy's heavy sighs, Wilbur's humming, and the bag of food between his legs. Floof is sleeping on his lap, bringing some comfort to the stuffy car.
Tommy can't find a good position to sleep, with his backpack at his feet, the second bag of food on the floor, and two small boxes on top of each other between him and Wilbur. There is no room for his legs, nor can he find a comfortable position to black out for the rest of the trip. Thankfully, he doesn't have to lay eyes on either of his brothers and can try to enjoy the trees that are passing by.

Philza is concentrating on the road, mindlessly listening to Wilbur's humming, Tommy's move about and Floof's sleepy sighs. He estimates another 2 hours before arriving at their new home. After Tommy joined the family, the old house was getting small for almost 4 grown adults. Philza, with the help of Techno, chose a new home in the suburbs, closer to another city. After his promotion, it was due to move closer to work. They have been driving for 2 hours and he knew they would need to stop soon. With Tommy squirming, Techno's rough petting and Wilbur's build up in the chorus of the song, Philza tries to find a place to stretch their legs. A big green sign indicates the next service area in 12 miles. Before his mind could supply a complaint about the imperial system, he gives out a sigh of relief.

"Boys, we'll take a bathroom break in less than 30 minutes."

"Oh, thank freaking god," Tommy slides down in his seat with a groan of relief.

Wilbur simply nods while Techno doesn't look away from his window. Philza lets his shoulders relax, eyes on his gas tank. It's an eighth full. The rest area could not arrive any quicker. No matter how much Techno plays with the air conditioner, the car feels as warm as outside. Tommy tries to steal Wilbur's water bottle, while Wilbur berates him for not being cautious around the instrument.

"It's just so hot in here, you've put ice in your water bottle," whines Tommy.

"You should've brought your own water bottle. Hey—get your hands off!"

Philza sighs. "Boys, please, we're almost there." He glances at Techno. "Mate, do you mind...?"

Philza doesn't need to finish his sentence, Techno turns around to pass Floof to Tommy and smirks. Tommy scoffs, offended, but stops grabbing Wilbur's jacket to take care of the small dog. Floof wags his tail and licks Tommy's face. With the gremlin child distracted, the only noises in the car are Tommy baby talking Floof and the radio.

Philza sees the service area and takes the exit. Techno's headphones are discarded beside him. The rest of the brothers wait impatiently to get out of the godforsaken car. As Philza parks in the gas station, the three boys get out to go in the centre, heading to the public washrooms. Philza smiles and fills the gas tank. He hurries up to join his sons, not wanting to lose them, and because they're mostly pre-teens. Tommy would yell that he's part of the big kids now, and Techno would grumble that he's a teenager. Philza parks the car and joins them inside.

Techno and Wilbur are waiting for him at the entrance while Tommy is running around the area, eyes wide at all the candies the shop has. Wilbur sends Philza a wink and joins Tommy, engaging the youngest in a conversation. Techno stays in place, waiting for Philza to emerge from the washrooms. He fiddles with the hem of his shirt, looking around. The centre is loud, families ordering food or eating together, couples hanging out outside or in the stores, groups of older teens wait idly for their food. Techno spots Tommy and Wilbur. Tommy shows every candy bar he can get his hands on to Wilbur, who puts them back. Techno glances at the washrooms and is glad to see Philza joining him.