Chapter 4

"Have you met her?"

"Yes, Mom," I said. Not interested in telling more.

"How did it go? I mean, of course, you've just met her," she laughed.

"Fine, I guess," I answered.

Mom and Dad looked at each other, Mom just sighed and Dad smiled at me. We are having a dinner here at their house to talk about me, our family. The flow of the conversation was good, it was going smooth, believe me. Not until they opened up this topic, specifically; about her.

"Looks like it's not fine," Dad said. "What happened? I really thought you two would be friends,"

Yeah, I thought so too.

"We're... friends, Dad." I said and forced a smile.

"Doesn't look like it,"

"Your mother is right. It really doesn't look like it, the moment we mentioned... Sage," Dad even looked at Mom. "Your mood changed, it's like you're not interested in her..."

"Interested?" I don't understand.

"He meant, not interested in befriending her... Not be interested in her like..." Mom couldn't find the right word.

"Like in a romantic way, of course, you have your boyfriend now, haha!" Dad laughed.

"To make things clear up, I don't like her. I don't know, she's weird." I said, still eating.

Mom sighed. "What's so weird about her? I think she's fine,"

"Not like weird-weird, but weird because she have this attitude. Like she's so quiet you would forget that she exist, she's so serious, it's like she's no fun," sabi ko, para tuloy akong nag rereklamo. "She looks at people in a weird way, she doesn't show her emotions that much. She's stiff, parang hindi na gumagalaw buto niya sa mukha." Dagdag ko pa na nakakunot ang noo.

Lahat ng sinabi ko ay totoo, ganoon naman talaga siya! I don't know kung paano niya nakakayanan yung maging gano'n!

Gulat akong napatingin sa kanila nang bigla silang tumawa. What's so funny? I just looked at them hanggang sa natapos na sila.

"Oh my goodness! She's been like that ever since we've met her!" Natatawang sabi ni Mom.

"True, she only shows her emotions to people who she feels comfortable with," Dad added.

Who she feels comfortable with? Then I don't feel comfortable with her, too! Sino ba siya?! As if naman ikababaliw ko kung hindi siya comfortable sa akin! Kung ayaw niya, edi 'wag! Mas mabuti na 'to!

After dinner, nag stay muna ako ng ilang minutes dito sa bahay before I decided to leave and go home. Nag paalam na ako sa kanila, hinatid pa nila ako sa labas.

"Be careful, okay?" Mom said and gave me a hug.

"Don't drive too fast." Dad reminded.

"I hope you and... Sage will get along," Mom said, hopefully.

I smiled. "I'm sorry, Mom, but you'll be tired hoping. I'll see you when I see you, bye love you!"

I get inside of my car and drove away. Mom hope that me and that weirdo Sage will get along? It will never happen because I will never let it happen.