one

*hi cuties! kinda combining a modern au with the csm universe b/c i didn't really want to include devils but with characters like Power its hard not to!*

*hope you all enjoy! <3*

"Hey guys, what's up?" You greeted your coworkers as you punched your timecard into the clock-in machine. 

"Hey, y/n!" Your coworker, Kobeni, greeted you. She was also your best friend and roomie. You both had just graduated college and decided to move into together after being roommates throughout your entire time at school. She was an anxious mess and you were usually always pretty mellow, so you balanced each other out well.

You smiled at her and ran your fingers through your loosely curled hair. You were wearing a tight fit black tank-top that scooped low enough to compliment your cleavage without being too much with a fit zip-up hoodie overtop, along with your favorite jeans and some beat up tennis shoes. Being a bartender was fun and easy money. It was actually Kobeni's idea, she got you both jobs at her family's bar so you could both save up a little before starting your careers. You really wanted to be an artist with your own studio, but as of right now it was no where within your grasp. You didn't even know where to start.  

You made your way behind the bar and began counting your cash bag, making sure all of the bundles of small bills were neatly organized into stacks of hundreds. 

"Hey, do you think that group is coming in tonight?" Kobeni asked you sheepishly as she was drying off a few glasses. 

"The one with the cute guy that you're obsessed with that comes in every Friday?" You teased her, bringing your thumb and index finger to your chin to appear deep in thought. "Yeah, my guess is yes." 

Kobeni blushed, that worried look she always has becoming more prominent on her face. 

"Do I look cute today?!" She asked as she quickly did a twirl to give you a 360 of her outfit. She was wearing a black tank top too, hers a little bit looser than yours with a grey cardigan and some light wash jeans, her sneakers also beat up like yours from running around behind the bar. 

You laughed, nodding in agreement. "Yep. Only thing missing is a brown bag for you to hyperventilate in." You giggled as she smacked your arm. "Just try to talk to him if he comes in!" You advised her as you tucked the change bag back under the counter. 

As soon as it hit five o'clock, the normal rush of people made their way in. Most of them were businessmen relaxing after a long week of work, or couples that were on a date. Sometimes you liked to guess what they were talking about or if you thought they were compatible, it was like a game you and Kobeni would play. 

The night was busier than usual and you were constantly pouring drinks or running food tickets to the kitchen. It was nine o'clock before you knew it, and the night was finally winding down. You were wiping the bar down, filling a drink for one of the customers sitting at the bar as he made small talk with you.

"What's a pretty girl like you working here for?" He asked, a typical question from an older dude that thought it was okay to be flirty with you.

"Just paying my bills." You returned with a smile, sliding his drink to him. He took the hint and didn't push any further, sliding you a few dollars in return for the drink and you thanked him.

The door swung open and you looked up to see a group walking in. You immediately recognized them as you saw the blonde boy that was always goofing off with the strawberry-blonde fiend besides him. They were arguing about something as they entered and behind them was trailing the guy Kobeni was in love with and a few others you've seen before. You didn't know much about fiends, so you didn't dislike this one and you didn't mind when this group came in. They were entertaining to watch, at least.