three

The sky was grey when you woke up the next morning, small snowflakes gently falling from the clouds and sticking to the earth below. Snow was so calming and peaceful, you loved it.  

It was only nine o'clock but you actually felt well rested for once, deciding not to go back to sleep and to just stay awake. You grabbed your phone off it's charger and pulled a big sweatshirt on, slipping on some fuzzy socks and making your way to the kitchen.

Kobeni was sitting at the kitchen table and drinking a cup of coffee, eating avocado toast that she made when she looked up at you.

"Good morning! You're up so early!" She said happily, offering you a piece of her toast.

You shook your head and poured yourself a cup of coffee, shrinking your nose at her food.

"No thanks, I hate avocado." You mumbled, pouring some of your favorite cereal into a bowl and adding some oat milk before you sat across from her. She rolled her eyes and continued eating her toast, scrolling on her phone.

"So are you seeing Arai this weekend? I think its supposed to snow a lot today.." You asked her, curious about their little fling.

"Yeah! We're gonna go get lunch and then to the movies today. Wanna come?" She offered, smiling at you. "And yeah, I saw on the news we might actually get two feet of snow!"

"Nooo way, I don't want to intrude or be a third wheel. Have fun with him!" You told her, dismissing her with a wave of your hand as you ate your breakfast. It was exciting to you that she was going on a date with him, he seemed really nice and Kobeni deserved a guy that was going to treat her right.

"Are you gonna hang out with Aki this weekend?" She asked you, her mouth full of food as she wiggled her eyebrows at you and giggled.

You looked up at her surprised, shaking your head.

"I mean, I don't think so. He just gave me a ride home last night, but we didn't talk about hanging out..." You trailed off, checking your phone to see if you had any texts. There weren't any and you frowned a bit, wanting to text him but not wanting to seem desperate. 

"I'll probably just watch a show on Netflix or something, take it easy today. I'd go to the gym but my wrist still hurts." You added, glancing down at it. There was hardly any bruising but you didn't want to overdo it, and you honestly just felt lazy today. The idea of staying in and watching movies while watching the snow fall was your ideal day off. Kobeni just hummed in acknowledgement before she finished her breakfast and got up.

Moments after you put your phone down you heard it vibrate and you looked at it, seeing Aki's name pop up.

Aki -

How's that wrist?

You smiled to yourself and Kobeni noticed, smirking at you as she put her plate into the sink and went off to her bedroom to get dressed. You waited a few minutes to text him back so it didn't seem like you were waiting for him to text you all morning.

Y/N -

Just a little sore

Aki -

Hmm that's good

You working today?

Y/N -

Nope & I have the apartment all to myself