The meeting

Faiths pov

I slowly got out of Nicoletta's bed. She must've been up already I ran down stairs seeing most of the stuff gone. I saw momma and Nicoletta in the kitchen talking.

I was the youngest and nic was the oldest in case you hadn't figured out. "Good morning." They both said as I walked in the kitchen. I waved at them and smiled.

Daddy came into the kitchen from outside loading stuff into the other car that he was going to drive. Us girls were going to ride with momma. Blair Ashley and Aimee came down stairs from sleeping.

"Did you girls have a nice sleep?" Daddy asked the. They all shrugged. We were probably going to have to get our stuff from our rooms and get them loaded up. I ran upstairs and got some boxes.

When I came down the girls were doing the same as daddy got the boxes. I finished getting my stuff. It was 10:55 a.m and we had to leave by 12:00 p.m. I put my shoes on. Everyone was getting loaded up in the cars. Daddy had told us he was going to get us all new beds and mattresses so he told us to leave 'em in the bedrooms.

I have no idea why we were leaving this early it's probably so we can get something to eat. Daddy and the moving truck people when first why we followed behind.

The moving truck had furniture in it while daddy's car had boxes in it. We stopped at McDonald's for breakfast.

We ate on the way there. It was currently 12:45 p.m they said we wouldn't get there until late so I just slept most of the ride. We got there around 10:00 I guess I'm not sure. We had to sleep on the floor tonight.

As we brought in the boxes daddy told Nicoletta we could take one of the cars and explore Memphis. I was excited to I hoped to meet Elvis I doubt that would happen.

I picked my room and took out my blankets and pillows and made a little bed on the floor. Daddy had went out to get something for dinner since we don't have anything and it's late.

There was a knock at my door and I quickly got it and it was Nicoletta. "I have to go get gas the other girls are coming do you?" She asked.

I quickly nodded and told her to hold on. I changed in the red dress that I had because who knows how long we were going to be out maybe I could meet Elvis.

I ran down the stairs that didn't creak which I liked so much. I got in the front while the other girls got in the back and nic got I drivers seat. "What are you wearing?" Aimee asked.

I giggled and covered my mouth. I tried to come up with an excuse but I didn't know what to say. "Just in case we meet Elvis." I smiled as I looked behind me. They looked at me weirdly and just shook their heads.

Ashley was about to say something but she quickly shut her mouth but then Nicoletta spoke up. "What if he isn't even here and he's in some other state performing." She said as she kept her eyes on the road. She pulled in to a gas station before I spoke I saw someone who looked like Elvis. Blair started talking about it.

I quickly got out and snatched the money out of nics hand and went inside to a man who sounded just like him he was talking to the girl who was working the cashier.

I walked over to the drinks and got a soda just as an act. I actually regret putting this dress on why am I trying to impress someone famous I shouldn't even be doing this. "Uh 15 on 3." I said to the girl. I took a glance at the man standing there and it was in fact Elvis.

"You look a little to young to be all dressed up like that." The cashier said. I looked down at the dress. The women looked like she was in her mid fifties.

"Just trying to impress someone but i regret it." I said walking out. I walked to the car and through the soda In the car while I pumped the gas. I saw Elvis walking towards me. I quickly looked at my sisters. "Hey you dropped this in there." He said in a cute accent. Is he really talking to me?

I snapped out of whatever I was thinking about. It was just 5 dollars. "Keep it." I quickly said. My sister Blair had yelled at me to hurry up. When I looked up he was walking back inside.

I ran inside the car thinking about what just happened. "Did you just meet the Elvis Presley?" Ashley asked excitedly.

I shrugged and turned to look at the gas station seeing him staring at me. I turned and looked at the road. "I guess I did it wasn't even all that as I thought it would be." I told them.

Nicoletta drove back home while they yapped about me meeting Elvis. When we came inside we saw our food and our parents at the table. "That gas station was so hard to find." Nicoletta laughed. Our parents looked up from eating.

"I bet. We never even been here." Daddy said. We all ate our dinner and went to sleep after that. I still couldn't believe I meant Elvis.

Y'all I promise I'll make longer chapters 😭 but I'm going to need ideas😭