Chapter 2

Where’s the rest of him?” a male cop asked and holds the flashlight up. “Well, the torsos and arm are over there.” the girl officer points. “We found a leg by the lake. There’s an arm in that tree over there,” again she points where. “And the rest of the parts are so far unaccounted for. It matches the profile of the other two attacks last week.” “All right, issue a warning. Keep hikers out of the woods. Don’t approve anymore campfire permits for the foreseeable future." A yelling and pissed off Enid was heard. “What the hell did you do to my room Wednesdsy?” “Divided our room equally. It looks like a rainbow vomited on your side.”  Enid stood there in shock so did I. “Silence would be appreciated. This is my writing time.” I get a bit ticked off. “Of course it’s your writing time, and you don’t like it when the tiniest noise is made so I will take my leave right now.” I walk off and go to the office to talk to Weebs about fencing classes. “She knows that I always devote an hour a day to my novel, perhaps if you did the same, your vlog might be coherent.” Enid softly growls but goes bubbly. “I write in my voice, it’s my truth. It’s what my followers love.” They start a mild argument until the dorm mom came in holding two flower pots. “So sorry I am late I was finding flowers to match you and your sister.” The lady noticed she tracked mud. “Sorry about the mud, I was making sure the twins are settling in well and it seems like one of them are I passed her in the hallways.” Wednesday didn’t move from her spot but looked at the lady. “I am Ms. Thornhill, I am your dorm mom. Apologies, I wasn’t here to great you both when you had first arrived. I trust Enid has given you the old Nevermore welcome.” “Shes been smothering me with hospitality. I hope to return the favor. In her sleep.” “Well, here’s a little welcome gift from my conservatory. I do try to match the right flower to each of my girls. Your sister on the other hand, she is very unique, like you, but to find a flower to match her was kinda hard.” “A black dahlia” “Oh, you know it?” “Of course. It’s named after my favorite unsolved murder. Thank you.” Ms. Thornhill nodded and finished. “Okey-dokey. Before I leave, I want to go over a few house rules. Lights off at 10:00, no loud music, and no boys, ever.” “And what’s the story about going into the local town?” Wednesday dared to speak of it. “Passes to Jericho are a privilege, not a right. It’s a brisk 25-minute walk, or there’s a shuttle on the weekends, just behave yourself because the locals are a tad bit wary about Nevermore.” Thornhill explained. “Keep your claws to yourself and no smothering people in their sleep?” she looked at the teo young ladies as the either give a nod or look of understanding. With that, Ms. Thornhill has left the room and went back to who knows where. I was in fencing watching Bianca until coach had me go against Xavier Thorpe. I will admit he is good, but not good enough going against me to win. “Amazing show sister you have improved.” I heard Wednesday say in her not so enthused tone. There was another conversation going but with Bionca and another student. “Coach, Coach, she tripped me.” the boy says protesting. “It was a clean strike, Rowan. Maybe if you whined less and practiced more, you wouldn’t suck.” Bianca turns around to look at the Coach. “Seriously, Coach, when am I gonna get a real competitions?” she demanded. “Anyone else wanna challenge me?” “We do.” My sister and I answered at the same time. Bianca and the Addams sisters looked at each other, then Bianca broke the silence. “Oh, you guys must be the psychopaths they let in.” Wednesday spoke and with a death tone. “You must be the self-appointed Queen Bee.” I joined in but I sounded serious and a tad bit threatening. ‘Interesting thing about bees. Pull out their stingers, they drop dead. So better what it before we pull your stinger.” The rest of the class either were shocked or burning Bianca with ‘Ooh’s’ letting her know she does have competition. “Rowan doesn’t need you to come to his defence. “He’s not helpless, he’s lazy.” After going back and for with us three Bianca broke. “Are we doing this or not?” I get into position by my sister. “En garde” Bianca tries to go for me and I block her and Wednesday tries to go for her but the siren blocked it. I was hit and backed out to watch Wednesday, as I watch I feel eyes fixed on me. Xavier was looking over at me and I smiled under my mask, he did the same smiling to me and I continue to watch my sister and the siren. Wednesday got Bianca and coach called it. “Point to Wednesday.” They went again but this time Bianca won. “The score is even.” After they were done Bianca started her sas. “That first point was clearly beginner’s luck.” I chimed in. “Let’s finish this then. For the final point or points my sister and I would like to invoke a military challenge.” I seen a smile creep on Wednesday’s face and finishes. “No masks, no tips, winner draws first blood.” I take the saftey tip off the fencing sword and get ready so it’s me against Bianca. We started and after a couple of minutes we tied, Bianca got my lip and I got her cheek at the same time. “Your face finally got that splash of color it so desperately needed.” Bianca snirled and walked off. Later that night my sister, Wednesday and I walked in the night sky. “We did very good today huh Wednesday?” I asked her. Wednesday gave me a look but sighed. “Yes it was, but next time during the fencing, try and hide your eyes, they were changing colors.” I chuckled softly. “Yes Wednesday.” We were near some stoned gargoyles but I hear stone scraping. A gargoyle was about to hit Wednesday but I push her out of the way as the gargoyle hit me instead and I fall to the ground. “Salem!” Is all I heard before blacking out.