Chapter 2: Privacy

Marcelines P.O.V. 

I woke up to a light humming noise I could hear in the town.  I opened my eyes, and it was still pitch-black outside.  The humming wasn't very loud but just loud enough where you can't ignore it.   I slowly slipped off of Finns chest, trying not to wake him, and stood up to try and find where that noise was coming from.  I looked around but I couldn't pinpoint where the sound was coming from.  Eventually, I heard a light *thud* that came from a building across the street from the one we were asleep on.  I squinted and saw a very light shade of pink, creeping out from the side of the building.  Before I could get closer to see what it was, it was gone.  After seeing that I knew exactly who it was, Bubblegum.  No one else would have anything flying around an old destroyed town, let alone make it pink.  After seeing that I couldn't fall back asleep.  I stayed up keeping an eye out for anything else that may be watching us.  

Finns P.O.V. 

I woke up to the sun blaring on-top of me.  I put my hand over my eyes so I could fully wake myself up.  After a few minutes I fully opened my eyes and Marceline was gone.  I had just woken up so seeing that shes gone freaked me out immediately.  I started frantically looking around me trying to figure out where she had gone when I heard a light chuckle from Infront of me.  

"Wow missed me that much huh hero?"  Marceline said with a grin

"Yea yea whatever."  I said jokingly as I rubbed my eyes.  I walked over to Marcy and laid my head on her shoulder.  "What are you doing over here?"  

"Last night there was something humming over behind one of the buildings, I saw a tiny bit of it and it was big and pink.  Im assuming Bubblegum has something to do with this."  Marceline said annoyed.  

"Well yea she looks around these cities all the time, her, Jake, James and I all went down into a crater near one of the old towns."  I said looking up at her

Marceline seemed to scoff and move away before looking back at me confused. 

"You knew she would be looking around here and you didnt tell me?  Finn we slept here for Globs sake I dont want anyone watching me sleep, ESPECIALLY Bubblegum."  Marceline said angrily

"Now hold on Marceline, PB is a scientist she always looks around at this stuff.  A lot of us weren't around during these times, we have no idea what was going on back then."  I said trying to calm her down

Marceline stepped towards me and got in my face "I lived it Finn.  I sat here while everything burned around me and had to live on my own in a bunker after my mom lied to me about being sick, sent me away and then died.  I dont need some princess to come here and figure out what happened, I know what happened."  She said furiously. 

I stepped back from her, nervous to say anything.  "Marcy im sorry Im just saying its not unlike her to do something like this."  I said trying to get out of this situation.  

Marceline whipped her head around and glared at me. "I cant believe youre defending her.  Did we not just get over her literally trying to get me to hate you?  What is it Finn do you want me to hate you?"  Marceline screamed 

"I mean if this is just all fine to you then whatever, deal with her lurking in your business and using you to do whatever in globs name she wants.  Im leaving, dont follow me."  Marceline said as she began to float away. 

"Marceline wai-"  "No Finn, Leave me alone now."  Marceline said cutting me off as she floated away. 

Did I just get broken up with?  I dont even know what I did wrong I just wanted to ease Marceline up, I didnt think she would get so mad over PB.  I felt an overwhelming feeling of dread come over me.  "Its okay, everything is okay." I said to myself.  Ive been through this before, Marceline and I are fine Ill go over there today and apologize and everything will be fine.  Whats the worst that could happen?