🩸; 2

"You ask him!"

"What- why me?! You're the curious one!"

Minho couldn't miss the way the two males behind continuously whispered behind him, seeming to be deciding who'll be the one to ask Minho what happened earlier. Felix had left a significant amount of bruises on his neck, and they would've been mistaken as hickeys if it weren't for the fact they were so painfully purple. Finally, the shortest of them taps Minho's shoulder, his lips parting with a question, "What happened to your neck dude..you look like you got attacked". Minho scoffs, he was essentially attacked, considering he was taken by surprise and almost strangled to death. 

"I'm gonna assume it's him again", the taller male comments, resulting in a small nod from Minho. "Told you, Seungmin!", the shorter blue haired male smacks his friend's shoulder. The other grumbles, muttering a few curses under his breath, "Whatever, I think we should leave this grumpy cat alone, c'mon Sung".  Jisung nods, wrapping his arm around Seungmin's much longer one. The two had left the classroom by the time the teacher came back, giving Minho a weird look. It was probably odd to the teacher that Minho stayed behind-in an empty dark classroom-while everyone else left to their dorms or houses.

"Shouldn't you be somewhere else doing whatever you kids do after your classes?". Minho rolls his eyes at the questioning look the teacher shot him. Of course he should be, what kind of psycho would wanna stay in the academy, in classroom, with an annoying teacher. But that didn't mean he wants to- not that he would be allowed to anyways..

A loud squeak is elicited from the chair as Minho gets up, releasing all the weight that's been on the old and grimy chair that has probably been there since the academy opened. Everything around the school was pretty disgusting, some even old.  He slings his bag strap around his torso, wincing as it rubs on one of the bruises closer to his shoulder that Felix left. He leaves the classroom wordlessly, not wanting to communicate in anyway with such a weird an annoying teacher. 

The walk back home wasn't long, but Minho had purposely slowed his steps down, replacing each step he took with 2 sluggish steps, dragging his feet across the rocky sidewalk, kicking away little stones that interrupted his path. A suffocating feeling of dread washes over him as he gets closer to a neighborhood that had many white houses with doors of bright assorted colors. His breath is shallow and heavy as he walks up to the house with the bright red door, the one he lived in.

His hand is shaking as he grabs his key,  pushing it into the keyhole and twisting. The soft 'click' the door lets out was enough to have fear growing in the pit of Minho's stomach. The doorknob is cold to the touch, sending shivers through Minho's body as he twists it, although he doesn't know whether it was from the fear or the coldness. The door creaks open and Minho quietly walks inside, closing the door gently behind him. His shoes come off and he hangs up his jacket before shoving his bag into the small closet where the hangers were. As he walks through the small hallway, he spots his brother's head perked on the edge of the couch. Minho prayed that his father was too invested in the show playing on the TV to notice him. 

He'd snuck quietly to the stairs, and as he's about to dash upstairs-his feet barely hovering over the first step- he hears his brother's deep raspy voice call out for him.

"Boy! I know you're home, c'mere kid".

Now, Minho wasn't religious, but those few words alone had Minho trembling as prayers he'd learned from his mother flooded his mouth. His feet begin to move on their own, so used to the many times his brother ask him to come over, perhaps for a punishment or to break some bad news to him.

His brother was sitting up on the couch now, his eyes dark and squinted as he looked Minho up and down, inspecting him.