Home Sweet Home

"Deary, I don't think you're from this world," he says.

You can't believe he just said that with a straight face. You crack a smile and can't stop your slight snickering. You're the only one giggling like a little girl, but you can't help it.

"Pfft hehehe hee hee," you snort. "Heehee, haah. Okay, that was good. You caught me off guard. But seriously, what's up?"

He explains, "That burn on yer back, looks like a void burn. When you're traveling between realms, you're going through the void. Going there without some sort of ritual or portal, especially with open wounds, can cause burns like this."

Mon asks, "Is it treatable? Are they going to be okay?"

Vischer replies, "It's amazing that the both of you even survived. It's extremely rare in the the first place that you managed to travel without proper preparations.The open wounds themselves will heal, of course, but the burn itself is likely permanent."

You stare at them in disbelief, "Are you serious? What're you guys even saying right now? I don't understand." Is this a prank? You think. It has to be.

Vischer continues, "When I first realized what it was, I asked where you'd come from because I had suspicion that you were a shadow knight. But I've never heard of these places you speak of," He says.

"...Then...where am I? This is... You're saying Mon and I.. aren't in Germany anymore?"

Donna lays a hand over yours, "Don't panic, I promise we'll get you home in no time, Sugar."

You take a breath, and Garroth chimes in, "Of course, I will ensure all three of you are safe here in Phoenix Drop until your departure."

Aphmau manages to speak up as well, "And... I'll also help in any way I am able."

You thank them with a sigh and look to your sibling for their reaction, they look constipated. "You alright there Mon?" You ask. There's something really off about them, you've noticed. Did they get injured too? "Are you hurt?" You ask.

"Ah, no..I'm okay. It's just- I guess I'm just not sure how to feel right now." They tell you.

You nod in understanding, "Yeah, me neither, haha.. ehh."

You facepalm and run your hands down your face out of stress. You're really having a hard time believing this. I mean, how could you? This is something straight out of a movie.. It's unreal.

You suppose you could still try calling 112. You're unsure if they'd be able to pick up with no towers, but it's still worth a shot.

You'll do that later, right now you want a better idea of where you're at. "Phoenix Drop... That's the town we're in right now?..And we're stuck in another..world."

Vischer yoinks your last string when he adds, "And possibly a different time. Time works differently in every realm. For example, in the Ne-" He goes on. Trying to process this, you block out his words.

"And exactly what is today's date?" You ask.

"It is the fourth of July, 1450." Garroth states.

"1450!?" You exclaim. That's it. The universe must hate you. The 1400s!? You panic, "Oh no..Oh geeze." You're no historian, but you are 100% sure that makes things much worse.. You can already see your death. But hey, maybe you'll at least get to meet Joan of Arc before you go? If she's even alive right now.

This doesn't make any sense. People don't just time travel accidentally! Were you forgetting something? Were you concussed? Is this some kind of coma induced fever dream? ARE YOU HIGH?