The rest of the day went by fast after lunch. Although my mind was a little distracted by the gorgeous man in Andrew's office, however, the distraction was gone by the end of the day. It was four and finally, time to go home, I shut my computer down and get all my stuff together to leave. I walk outside to see much more people out and about and I head straight home before the sun starts setting. I take my normal walk home and I remember my online class, "Shit I forgot to do the assignment" I walk faster towards home to make it in time to be able to get it completed before it's due tonight. I get a strange feeling on the back of my neck that I'm being watched and stop. I turn around and see nothing out of the ordinary. I turn around and bump into a man's side dropping my purse to the ground. Apologizing, I look up to see a face sent by heaven. He looks at me up and down, "Watch it Princesa" I Immediately roll my eyes, how rude. I stand and head off toward home. I look back to see the man still staring at me, I clutch my bag tighter and walk faster home. I finally made it home in record timing, I lock my door with my lock from amazon, It is a pretty decent lock actually, and definitely keeps me at a sense of ease that no one can card or pick the lock open.

I rush over to the kitchen and take out a can of raviolis and heat it up while powering up my laptop as well. By the time I'm logged into my student account, my food is done and I get to work. It's challenging but I am almost done, one more year and I'll graduate. I'll only be getting my associate in Science but it's still a success I'll have under my belt. By the time I finish the assignment, it's nearly 10 pm. It's like this almost every day, a routine that I'm comfortable with. Wake up, go to work, come home, do school work, or read. Some may say that's not an exciting life but it's mine and I'm okay with that, It's a planned day and I don't like things going not how I planned, It makes me feel out of control. 

I go to my calendar and cross the day off. " 4 more days till payday." It can't come soon enough. I'm surprised I am still even alive while living off of toast, ramen noodles, and raviolis. I go to close the curtains and I feel a certain icy chill. That same chill from when I was walking home. The one where I was being watched. I look out the window but don't see anyone, well not anyone that seems to be watching me. I shake my head and close the curtains and go to the shower to wash the day off me. Afterward, I lay down on my futon and look around and take in this tiny moment surrounded by my plants and books. reminding myself I am exactly where I need to be. I turn around and cover up in my blankets and the moment my eyes close and I fall asleep I heard the tiniest sound of the handle being turned. I completely freeze in bed and after a couple of moments I get up quietly and tip-toe to the door to the peephole, holding my breath I look out but see no one. I move away from the door and shake my head, I must just be hearing things. I go back and lay down but this time facing the door. I watch the handle but it never moves, I convince myself that I was just imagining it. It's understandable with how I felt earlier, of course, my mind would play tricks on me. However, the same paranoia keeps me up staring at the door handle.

--------------------------------------------------------

The next morning comes with the same irritating noise of the alarm from my phone. I groan and get up to do the whole routine over again.

When I make it to work everyone is already at their desks working on their daily tasks and some glance my way that I can't quite make out some looks of confusion and some I swear look almost sad. I get to my desk seeing Andrew already waiting for me but my focus goes on my perfectly cleared desk.

"Andrew? what's going on?" I can't stop the trembling in my voice when he looks at me.

"The company has been bought and the new owners have made some staffing changes and unfortunately we needed to let a few employees go." I look down and feel as if my whole world just broke apart. "Andrew, did I do something wrong?" I'm answered by a shake of his head no. "Come Sky, let's talk some more in my office." I follow him quietly not letting the tears fall. We enter his office and he stood in front of his desk leaning against it. "Sky, you did nothing wrong. HR will send out a relief packet to you and you'll need to file unemployment until you can find a new job, You can always use me as a reference. You were an amazing assistant and I'm very upset that there isn't anything I could do to make you stay here. I will tell you I tried everything I could to keep you here Sky, the new owners just didn't budge." I nod "Thank you Andrew I really appreciate everything I've learned from under you. I hope nothing but luck for you." I shake his hand and leave his office to my desk and take my stuff into my arms saving the tears from falling down and head back home.