Chapter One-The Return of Nancy Thompson

Nancy Thompson, 20, wasn't too thrilled to return to Elm Street. The deep, emotional scars coursed through her veins; her mom was dead because of Freddy Krueger. And Sheriff Thompson, was on the verge of retirement. But she needed work. And the Los Angeles Sleep Clinic of Troubled Teenagers paid the bills. Her eyes flickered with interest at Neil Gordon, 29, the Assistant Clinic Counsellor. 

'Doctor Elizabeth Simms, is a Clinical Psychologist. She will make sure that all patients are well. They have rooms, and we eat, drink, and sleep like other places. The teenagers have self-harm problems; some are abusing drugs to keep from sleeping', he said. 

'I did drugs as a teenager. Mainly to get away from my nightmares'. 

'I didn't know you have a sleep disorder'. 

'If you lived on Elm Street, all teenagers died because of Freddy Krueger'. 

'I don't know about him'. 

'Freddy killed Glen, my friends. And Tina, and Rod'.

'I'm sorry. Hey, this is Max. He's the security guard'. 

Max, 37, who was an African American man, nodded. 

'Kristen Parker is in Room 44. Her arm is bandaged'. 

'Fine, may I see her?', Nancy asked.

'Yeah, sure. If there's any problems, just tell me. Okay', Max said.

'Fine', Nancy said.

Page 3.