𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞

One of the many questions I had about the infected was whether or not they slept

Zizzy wasn't infected for long, so it wasn't like I could ask her. However, others, like Doggy, were trapped inside their own bodies for over three years. It must've felt like a fever dream, endlessly wandering around without purpose, without reason. Then, they were suddenly taken to a laboratory in one of Lucella's most isolated provinces before being released from their internal prisons. I would call it a sudden break from a forced routine.

I was also forced out of a routine that consisted of me standing against the wall when Bunny fired another arrow at me.

Although I was happy that she finally ditched the carrots, I wasn't sure how to feel about them being replaced with actual arrows, ones that could penetrate any part of my body should they hit their target. I knew this well because Bunny told me so herself before the infection. "Just one shot at a vital organ and they're gone," she told me. I wondered if she was currently thinking about what she said as she continue to shoot at me.

I knew that it was going to be hard to get close to Bunny since she had a ranged weapon rather than a melee. The first thing I needed to do was find the opportunity to surprise her before disarming her. Once I did that, I could give her the cure. The real cure. Unfortunately, time wasn't on my side, so I had to think fast. As another arrow barely missed my head, I found myself quickly turning to look at it before looking back at my attacker, only to gasp and back away. Another arrow hit the wall right where my head once was.

And at that moment, I had my opportunity.

Using one of my hands, I quickly grabbed the arrow's shaft before pulling it out of the wall with a grunt. I quickly ran away from my position as more arrows began to fire in my direction. Once I was directly in front of the archer, I threw the arrow with everything I had. The sharp object scratched Bunny's cheek, causing her to turn around to process what happened. I used that as my opportunity to run up to her and tackle her to the ground.

Like Doggy, Bunny also struggled, and like I did before, I pinned her down and secured my legs around her torso and used my free hand to get a grip on her jaw. My other hand already took one of the vials out of my sash and was popping the lid off like a cork. Then, I forced the cure down her throat, using my strength to clamp her mouth shut so she would have no choice but to swallow. And luckily, she did. I did have a tight grip on her, after all. I was surprised that I had yet to break her jaw.

Bunny's struggling gradually decreased before coming to a stop. I tossed the empty vial aside before using that hand to grab the knife on my thigh. My other hand still kept Bunny to the ground along with my legs. I was panting heavily, and I didn't fail to notice the sweat falling down from my face and onto the unconscious person beneath me. Dodging all of those attacks and pinning people to the ground must've made me tired. My body felt significantly weaker thanks to the blood I had to give, so that didn't help my situation, either.