Ch.15

As they locked eyes with each other , she realized that its the first time since she possessed this body that she wondered how she actually looks, if this body's mother looked this stunning, so as Joanne made her way to her bedside, she asked her if she could support her to the nearest mirror but was told that for time being she couldn't get out of bed as to allow her ankle to partially heal so Joanne brought to her a hand mirror and looked at her worriedly hoping she doesn't get shocked by her injuries.

Zou He carefully looked at her appearance taking in everything, as she was truly fascinated by sylvias appearance , blond hair that appears to reach her waist , beautiful and elegant eyebrows , full lashes and the part that satisfied her the most is that Sylvia got her mother's mismatched eyes bright green and bright blue, bottom heavy lips and overall with all those features combined formed an charming and slightly handsome face. As she fully taken in her appearance she finally noticed the bandages, they were everywhere , her head , ribs , arms and ankle , now she realized her mother worries , that she would become depressed after seeing her injuries but she looked at her mother with a satisfied smile and said

"Mother, I expected worse seeing your expression but it seems that my injuries are not so bad, after all I still have the power to move my hands."

"That's good dear , mother was worried sick about you these past few days. Sylvia... exactly what was going on in your head to actually make you gamble with your life like that, please tell mother..."

Sylvia thought that she was right but she couldn't actually tell her that this body's owner was affected by the virus which led her to jump down those stairs for a ridiculous reason such as to get noticed by the male lead, so she tweaked the truth by a lot.

"Mother...I too don't have the slightest idea as to why I decided to make such a decision , just that in that moment, I was overwhelmed by everything , every decision I made up to that point seem pointless but I didn't actually jump by will , I didn't have the slightest intention to actually die, but... I...actually missed a step when I was going down" she said the last sentence as quietly as possible, appearing embarrassed by her actions and where they took her.

When Joanne heard the truth from her daughter , her eyes filled with tears and began looking at her daughter with sadness, as she realized that it was her fault in the end for not talking and bonding enough with her daughter and it actually took an accidental fall down the stairs to realize that, but after hearing that in the end it was purely accidental , her worries decreased, although not by a lot, and began scolding her daughter.

"Sylvia... please be more careful in the future, you made this mother of yours almost die from a heart attack when she got the news although I'm sorry dear that I didn't pay more attention to you and letting our relationship deteriorate this much...although this can't make up as an excuse but just... things have been hard after your dad's death , that I just couldn't make sense of life and how to continue it without him by my side , that I actually just focused more on work so as to not let myself be reminded by what I lost and in the end I lost sight and focused more on the dead rather than on the living , so I wanted to say...sorry my daughter for letting you go through that hardship by yourself and not being here as much as you wanted to and I know that it will take you a long time to forgive me... I'm just sorry my daughter" as she said that , she couldn't continue and eventually broke down crying while holding Sylvia's hand saying continuously that she is sorry for everything.

"Mom...don't worry from the very beginning I never had a grudge against you , as it hit all of us all of a sudden , leaving me without my father and you without your lifelong partner , so to some extend I could sympathize with you , so don't blame yourself for my accident as its still my fault for letting myself reach that dark space." speaking these words out loud was like a stone being lifted from her heart as she sensed the depart of Sylvia , feeling grateful for this chance to be honest with her mom and like that tears filled her eyes too even though it was not by her wanting to cry.

When Joanne heard those comforting words from her daughter she suddenly felt her heart being filled with regret, for not talking with her daughter sooner but also a warm feeling that she couldn't name but knew that it was her heart healing itself. After some time passed Joanne and Zou He stopped crying and looked at each other with puffy eyes feeling closer than ever and began laughing from each others appearance , both looking ridiculous with red eyes and tear stained cheeks , just like that they hugged for a little while after they began calming down.

Just like that , morning passed and afternoon began , bringing along a visitor to Zou He's room, which after questioning the system she learned that it was her childhood friend , Ezra Ortan the female lead's older brother and his toned figure was the first thing she noticed ,he was exactly her type with broad shoulders, black short hair and light brown lovely eyes , he knew exactly what made him appear more charming as he wore clothes that made him appear youthful and handsome. That handsome , with almost blinding beauty , creature approached her and talked.

"Sylvie... do you know how worried you made me , I ran back when I heard the news that you were seriously injured ,every minute become more and more worried about your health, thinking that maybe I wont be here soon enough and something worse will happen to you in the meantime. How could you do something so reckless to yourself , you still haven't got your sense together , after you recover I should beat some of them into you, if you continue to make people constantly worried like that." His words were a combination of worry and anger , making her feel thankful to arrive in such a world surrounded by such amazing people and feeling pity for Sylvia for being too focused on her unreciprocated love causing her to not pay more attention to the people that actually had her well-being and interests in mind. But she had to mention that this man truly gave golden retriever vibes making her to want to pat his head , to calm him down.

"Thank you, my beautiful Ezri for being so worried about me , but you don't have to worry as the only serious injury I have is the cause of the fall , my twisted ankle which will take longer to heal as it was damaged quite bad , besides that I'm feeling pretty good, so don't worry anymore and keep me company for a little bit , catch up with me , will you. "

Ezra seemingly not believing her but taking her word for it because she knows best how she is feeling and doesn't need one more worried person to add to her burden so he willed himself to calm down and catch up a bit with Sylvia before leaving for an important appointment . After all the commotion Ezra made and with Joanne leaving to let them have some space , she suddenly realized the quietness of this room and wished to herself that 2 weeks pass in a blink of an eye , so that she can start this mission . As she got more time to absorb this quietness , sleepiness overcame her along with nervousness about the future and she slowly fell asleep for a few hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Same day , same hour , different place.

As a person walked on a narrow alley leading to an unknown destination , their walk seemed tense and nervous always ready for someone to appear from behind, anxiously walking to what appears to be an apartment building on the verge of collapsing ,stopping at the entrance and prepared themselves for what is about to happen.