Ch.18

A new day entered and it was late in the morning when the System finished their business and came to wake up the host, sounding a devilish alarm that had the desired effect and woke up Sylvia. She groped around for her phone to close the alarm that she doesn't remember setting, however as she looked at her phone she realized that no sound was coming from it , almost immediately giving her goosebumps from fear as she had no idea where the alarm was going off from. At that time the System spoke up.

  "Dear Host , it's already 7 am you have to wake up early in the morning to have more energy later on in the day. Host it's already late by the System's standard, but the System showed the host kindness and sounded the alarm at 7 am instead of 6 am. Waking up early ,host ,has numerous benefits, i.e. better quality of sleep , people who wake up early tend to go to bed earlier and enjoy longer...." Sylvia from her sleepiness ,blocked and ignored completely the System and instead of having the desired effect of waking her up from the continuous talking ,it had the opposite effect as it almost made her go to sleep again hearing the robotic monotonous voice of the system. So as the System observed that , he gave up explaining the reasons and only continued to sound out the devil like alarm. Sylvia in the end gave up , and started her day.

After saying goodbye to her mother and eating breakfast , she went to the living room to lay down on the couch and observed that on the table in front of the couch there were a stack of books so she grabbed one and started reading  completely forgetting the task she gave herself to do. After a while , finding that the book is not up to her interests she put it down and asked the system when will the missions begin as she got bored staying at home with no goal in sight.

   "Host , for now due to the body's condition and due to the uncertainty of when the missions will appear , the System suggests for the Host to focus on her recovery as to be ready for the missions to come. According to the scan the System just did , Host's ankle will have to recuperate for another 2 and a half months before regaining full use and rage of motion of the joint, so be patient Host you are on the way to recovery." Hearing that obnoxious robot voice telling her to be patient slightly annoyed her.

  "So , you are telling me that i can't start doing the missions and to firstly recover? but i want to be done with the missions, i'm getting frustrated by doing nothing all day at home and i can't go out alone due to my ankle, i'm basically useless now system, i'm slowly but surely on the way to become a couch potato, or better said on the way to become crazy from having to stay still all day, i physically cannot stay still therefore making me go crazy. You hear how overwhelmed i am by the idea of doing nothing for that interminable time, i'm basically spouting whatever nonsense i'm thinking." As she quieted down she expressionlessly visualized how her future will look like, bleak and dark, so dark that no light can penetrate it making her in the process even more pessimistic than she already is.

The System seemingly flustered by the sudden change in their Host ,hurried to pop the Host's bubble waking her up from her daydream.

 "But Host have no worries, as the current situation was the result of the virus influence Host will receive a consolation prize and a hint, as to balance out the situation. Firstly Host will be given a hint on the Hidden character and a pill that will help speed up the recovery but also improve Host's overall health, with the pill in question by the time host goes to her first doctor's appointment for check up in the following month, the ankle will have already healed." 

As soon as the System finished their announcement about the rewards she will be given, the hint materialized in her mind and the pill ,wrapped in a thin wrapper , appeared in her hand. She was stunned for a few seconds by the System's efficiency but soon got out of that state and started checking the hint while also unwrapping the pill and hurriedly popping it in her mouth, having the taste and fragrance of a green apple , sweet and sour , her favourite taste. Swishing around the pill she could feel herself already feeling subconsciously better than a moment ago and the subtle pain that she could persistently feel in her ankle slowly disappeared like it was never there in the first place, but she didn't risk checking it .