💛 | the hunger games | 💛

So context for this one heh xD

I recently reread The Hunger Games book (because I hadn't read it since quarantine) and I honestly was so suprised because I completely forgot how much more sarcastic the characters, specifically Peeta, are in the book than the movie. Like I was laughing even when they were like in this life-or-death situation, which kinda made me feel like a bad human but whatever xD

Anyway, so yeah. Most of these are just characters making funny sarcastic comments. Others are sad or serious too. Some might not even make sense if you haven't read the book or haven't read them in a while. But I hope you enjoy anyway xD

This first one I just thought was relatable and kinda ironic because... yeah, heh (also, sorry it's literally two paragraphs long xD):

"I understand how Peeta feels. I can't stand the sight of the Capitol people myself. But making them deal with Haymitch might be a small form of revenge. So I'm pondering the reason why he insists on taking care of Haymitch and all of a sudden I think, It's because he's being kind. Just as he was kind to give me the bread.

"The idea pulls me up short. A kind Peeta Mellark is far more dangerous to me than an unkind one. Kind people have a way of working their way inside me and rooting there. And I can't let Peeta do this. Not where we're going. So I decide, from this moment on, to have as little as possible to do with the baker's son."

This one just made me laugh for no reason XD:

"I avoid looking at anyone as I take tiny spoonfuls of fish soup. The saltiness reminds me of my tears."

Also a very random one that's kinda relatable heh:

"I'm also giggling, which I think I've done maybe never in my lifetime."

This one's actually serious and kinda a popular quote but I still like it :) :

"'I don't know how to say it exactly. Only... I want to die as myself. Does that make any sense?' he asks. I shake my head. How could he die as anyone but himself? 'I don't want them to change me in there. Turn me into some kind of monster that I'm not.'"

This one is just funny XD:

"The girl with the arrows, Glimmer I hear someone call--ugh, the names the people in District 1 give their her children are so ridiculous--anyway Glimmer scales the tree until the branches begin to crack under her feet and then has the good sense to stop."

Again, this is just *chef's kiss* :

"Well, hurray for the boy from District 3 for putting one over on them, but what am I supposed to do now?"

If you know, you know T-T :

"This bread came from District 11."

I was just laughing about the last part of this one xD:

"Do I run from them now, on the chance they heard me call Peeta's name? No, I think. Let them come. Let them come with their night-vision glasses and their heavy, branch-breaking bodies."

THE FLIPPING SARCASM I CANT XD:

"'Close your eyes again,' I order. He does, and his mouth, too, and completely disappears. Most of what I judge to be his body is actually under a layer of mud and plants. His face and arms are so artfully disguised as to be invisible. I kneel beside him. 'I guess all those hours decorating cakes paid off.'

"Peeta smiles. 'Yes, frosting. The final defense of the dying.'"

PEETA'S SARCASM DJDHWIHF UGH WHY COULDN'T THEY PUT THIS IN THE MOVIESSSS:

"'Peeta, you were supposed to wake me after a couple of hours," I say.

"'For what? Nothing's going on here,' he says. 'Besides I like watching you sleep. You don't scowl. Improves your looks a lot.'

"This, of course, brings on a scowl that makes him grin."

GUYSSSSS:

"'It's going to be a long hour.'

"'Maybe not that long,' says Peeta. 'What was that you were saying just before the food arrived? Something about me... no competition... best thing that ever happened to you...'

"'I don't remember that last part,' I say, hoping it's too dim in here for the cameras to pick up my blush.

"'Oh, that's right. That's what I was thinking,' he says."

This is just such a cute Everlark moment, I can't- :

"I guess this is true, but I can't help feeling upset about it to the extent that I'm afraid I might cry and then I remember everyone in the country is watching me so I just bury my face in Peeta's shirt. It takes them a couple of minutes to coax me back out because it's better in the shirt, where no one can see me, and when I do come out, Caesar backs off questioning me so I can recover."

So yep!! There is edition one! Told you there would be chaos haha xD Anyway, I'll definitely be posting more of these soon because I have a buttload of pictures on my phone of quotes I liked as I was reading books so more randomness is on the way!

Thanks for reading!