3.

I was half sleep, half delusional, fully sleep deprived as I stared at my wall. I could feel the nerves churning in my stomach knowing the time to get up was approaching. I could hear my mother downstairs already, moving around trying to be quiet but I was a light sleeper. I closed my eyes and sighed deeply Turing to get myself to go to sleep for however much longer I had until my alarm went off.

I heard my door open making me open my eyes again. I listened out.

"Thalia?" I heard Leah whisper.

I sat up and looked over at her.

She had a duffel bag in her hand and a book bag on her back. "Hey, I'm heading back to the city. Have a good day at school okay?"

"Kay. Text me when you get there." My voice laced with rasp and sleep.

"I will. Love you." She said and then gently closed my door.

I let myself fall back in the covers and allowed my eyes to close. I slowly sunk back into my sleep when my alarm made my eyes snap back open.

"Fuck." I hissed under my breath as I got up and turned off my alarm.

I could cry right now, I don't want to go to school.

I sighed heavily and forced myself out my bed. I quickly gathered my things and ran out my room and into the bathroom just as Lake's door opened, all her bathroom stuff in hand.

"Thalia, no!" She ran for the door.

I laughed out and shut it in her face. "Fucker!" She yelled as she kicked the door.

"Lake!" My mom yelled angrily from downstairs. Lake had such a potty mouth. She was truly the demon child of us all. She was a demon at school, always getting into fights. Smart as a whip though, like genius level from what my parents were saying. I think it's her friends that influence her behavior to be honest but she's been good toward the end of last year. I wonder what changed.

I turned on the shower and put my hair in a bun before getting in. I took a quick hot shower before getting out, brushing my teeth, moisturizing , flat ironing my hair, and putting in my boxers and bra. I put on my robe and went back to my room to get dressed.

I decided on dark brown shorts that stopped at the high middle of my thigh, an olive green oversized tee styled button down I stole from my dad, white tank top underneath, and my Birkenstocks with white socks. I put on a few necklaces, and silver rings, my watch, and left my room.

I went downstairs and ate a bowl of cereal while the twins fought over who had the biggest pancake. I texted Saint for her address. I was seriously not looking forward to this but it was my idea so now I had to lock in and go through with it.

I sighed heavily and locked my phone. Lake came in the kitchen and dipped her finger in my bowel of cereal she passed. I froze and then dropped my spoon and got up to throw it away. I was basically finished anyway. I poured it down the garbage disposal and then rinsed the bowl out.

"I'm leaving." I said as I slapped her up side the head on my way out.

"Ow! I'm gonna clean the toilet with your toothbrush!" She yelled. I rolled my eyes and left the house.

"Hey siri, set a reminder to pick up a new toothbrush on my way home." I said to my phone as I walked to my car.

***

I slowly pulled down the street, reading the numbers on each house until I reached the one she sent. I stopped and parked in front of a White House. I texted her I was outside, moments later her front door the house opened and she walked out.