Okay soooo... Last chapter was cringe, ik. If you're reading Aftermath too, I'm putting it on hold until finish this one. I had a sudden burst of motivation, so here we go~

When Jocelyn went to Starcourt the next afternoon and ate at the Chinese place in the food court, she definitely wasn't expecting what ended up happening.

First of all, as she was just about to go get ice cream, nearly everyone in the mall started leaving. Several hours before closing, mind you.

Second of all, telekinesis was, apparently, a real thing. Damn.

Let's backtrack.

Jocelyn had just finished her ✨noodles✨ and went to Scoops for a treat. (According to her, "I will always eat ice cream after noodles. They go together. You can't stop me.") The only problem was a hoard of shoppers leaving at once, which was strange.

The girl decided to just wait it, leaning on a supporting pillar. She must have spaced out, because a loud thud resonated around the large building. She whipped around at the noise, and- to her horror- the doors were shut. A man dressed in all black with long, sleek hair tied up in a ponytail was locking it.

She tried to stop a panic attack from setting in, breathing in a steady pattern, whereas her heart was offbeat and going at a MUCH faster tempo. Ducking behind the closest large object, she peered out at the man- who was now talking to a few more who looked similar to him.

They were caught off guard by a sound coming from the food court. Moments later, she could see two familiar figures and two much shorter, unrecongnizable ones nearby. She tried not to gasp as the men in black pulled guns on Steve and Robin and their friends.

Slowly but surely, a rumble sounded, getting louder by the second. The display car sqeaked and shuddered before hurdling towards the men and knocking them out. This time she couldn't contain her small scream, but she didn't have to.

The four others looked up at the balcony and grinned. Standing there were six more people. And... Nancy. In the middle was a girl clad in yellow and black, sporting the most bloody nose Jocelyn had ever seen.

The newcomers raced downstairs. AS soon as they reached the bottom step, the second-shortest kid with the ice cream slingers engulfed the girl and another boy in an enormous hug.

The shortest, however, left the reunion and  crept towards where Jocelyn was hiding. She looked to be a little girl, no older than 11 or so.

"Hey! Who the hell are you?"

Jocelyn gave her a confused look. "I was going to ask you the same thing. And while you're at it, you might as well explain this whole damn situation, if you don't mind!"

The girl just rolled her eyes. "Erica Sinclair." Raising her voice, she shouted, "Hey, guys! We have a stray customer over here!"

Jo had stood up while Erica said that. Everyone else whipped around. Upon seeing her best friend and the two she'd met mere days ago, she waved slightly and mouthed, hi?

She walked towards the group. "Who is this?" asked the girl in the front. El, as she soon learned.

The redhead next to her smirked and said, "that girl Robin told us about last time we went to Scoops."

"Oh, okay." El offered a small smile.

Nancy was just staring at her friend with a bewildered look in her eyes. "Okay, what the fu-"

This is the first installment of the Battle of Starcourt. 556 words minus A/Ns.