Flashbacks and The Present

Silence.

It was one in the morning, I couldn't fall asleep. I could see the moon glistening outside my window. Everything was quiet, just like it was supposed to be. The stars were beautiful on such a clear night like tonight. Everything was peaceful.

I then heard the sound of a door opening, and it wasn't my door, and my parents have a bathroom in their room. So they don't have a reason to be leaving their room at this hour in the morning. A little bit worried, I got out of bed, put my slippers on, picked up my phone, and walked towards my parents' room.

When I stepped into the hallway, I saw a tall, dark, lean figure. I didn't recognize who they were, but I knew enough to know that they were not friends of my parents. The figure didn't seem to notice me yet, and walked into the room. I silently followed, my phone unlocked, I wasn't sure if I should expose myself to the stranger, or if I should stay hidden and take them by surprise. I eventually settled on observing the stranger. He walked to my parents' bedside, which is when I decided to step up.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing?!" I yelled at the figure, waking up both of my parents, who were confused as to what was going on.

The figure turned to me, and in a deep but calm voice they spoke. "Hello, child. Why are you awake? You should be in bed sleeping." It was apparent that this person was a male from their voice.

"No, why are you in my house?" I was about to pull out my phone before he pinned me to the wall. I was scared, I didn't know what was going on. I was worried about my parents too...

"S-stop! What do you want with my parents-?" I managed to squeak out. I didn't know what he would do to me or my parents, I just wanted to protect them.

"Heh, your fear is gorgeous... Now to get you out of the way." He said to me, before throwing me into the hallway before closing the door and locking it. All I could hear was my futile banging against the door and my parents' agonizing screams echoing through me. An odd, out of place silence filled the place. What felt like decades was nothing but minutes,  the door just opened. But by then it was too late... My parents were dead, blood spilled on the bed sheets, the window shattered, the mysterious man gone, the sheets and clothes torn as if something ripped through them. And they both had a bite on their neck.
It had finally hit me what just happened. I collapsed to the floor, sobbing. I don't know how long I was there crying, but eventually I got up, got dressed, grabbed my important belongings and ran for the nearest police station.

When I got there, I told the officers about everything that happened, and described the man as best as I could. The only sure details that I knew were his body shape and his eyes. His luminous red eyes...

I felt something shaking me. I sat up to see my friend Rena looking at me. "Hey, Sakura-kun.. you fell asleep again. I'm sorry to have to wake you up, but the teacher over there is giving us some dirty looks." Rena had said, her voice as sweet and kind as usual.

"Okay, thanks Ren-kun. Sorry, I was just having a bad dream againn..." I had explained.

"Oh, that night again, huh?" She said with an apologetic look on her face.

"Yeah..." I replied, before turning to listen to what the teacher had to say with his lecture. This didn't surprise me, but it didn't make it any less boring. The teacher was teaching us history, about World War I and everything that happened. To say no one was impressed was an understatement. This is what happens in 11th grade, I guess.

Just then, there was a knock at the door. The teacher paused his lecture and walked over to the door and opened it. It was a tall male, in a black suit and tie, with a black and navy blue banded fedora. He wore black silk gloves and had a black mask. He also wore some black combat boots. His skin was white, his eyes were gray as silver, and his hair was black with dark blue tips. He seemed like he didn't wanna be here, and I honestly couldn't blame him, neither did we.

"Hello, sir. I assume you are the new student here?" The teacher asked. The man replied with a simple "Correct." before stepping inside.

"Alright, you can sit over there behind Rena Nihonari. Rena-san, could you show him who you are?" The teacher said, Rena waved at the male, who walked towards her, sitting down at the empty desk behind her. After that, the teacher continued his lesson.

__________

The bell rang to dismiss us from class. I walked with Rena to our next class, being math. On the way there, we talked about the new guy. "Has anyone talked to him yet?" Rena asked me. "I don't know, but maybe we can talk to him in our free time." "Oh my god, yes. He is so hot, I wonder if he'll date me!" Rena squealed. For someone she didn't even know, she did fall in love quickly. "Yeah, he is hot. But I don't know if I'd fall in love that fast, ya get me?" I explained.

"Yeah, yeah, I get it. But this is going to be awesome!" She squealed again. "Whatever, Rena-kun. You do you, alright? We can agree to disagree." I replied calmly. "Okay! But he's still hot though." She whispered the last bit, though I still heard her. I just rolled my eyes and walked into math class. The new guy sat at the back of the classroom where no one was sitting. And with that, our calculus teacher started the lesson.