The Telling Talk

No one's POV

As he finally approached the meeting place, Kaito and Senri could be seen walking away, going to a nearby tree. He approaches Sakura.

Sakura's POV

I was deep in thought. I didn't know why I decided to come here, but I had a feeling if I didn't, I would get screwed over more than my life already was. I was also bored, I wanted to have a bit of a change in my life. Kurai was like a ghost, I didn't even realize he was there until he spoke. When he did, he startled me.

"Well, well, well. I did not actually expect you to come here."

I balled my fists up at the remark. "You told me to come here, what do you mean?" I shot back. If looks could kill, he would be dead.

He chuckled at it, clearly amused. "Well then, let's get down to business, shall we?"

"What kind of business are you talking about to begin with?!" I retorted.

"I am only here at this forsaken school for reasons you cannot even begin to understand. It is not of my choosing, so I highly recommend you start cooperating." He states bluntly. Whatever, if I talk less, we'll get more done.

"Whatever, I don't like your attitude but fine."

"Well, let's play a little game, shall we? Hypothetically speaking, if a person were to kill an old friend for an unforgivable action, such as betrayal of trust and annihilation of comrades in the process. Would that be justified or not?"

"No! It wouldn't be justified. Even if they betrayed someone, that doesn't give someone the right to kill them. If a person kills a killer, they themselves become equally terrible. The very thing they were trying to get rid of. It doesn't change anything, it just taints your skin and name." I responded, not sure what kind of question this was.

"Then, what kind of consequence would be given to that person?"

I honestly did not know how to respond.

"In my opinion, it is very much justified. In life, you must realize that sometimes you must become the very monster you loath in order to eliminate such a thing. And I think, by that way, it would be bringing two justices about. It is not courageous, but it is necessary. That is just life, and you must come to terms with that."

"I can very much see that we have different opinions, and I agree to disagree. I'm going back to my dorm now." I asked, I didn't even care what he was saying anymore.

"Very well. And as a reward for being patient with me, I'll give you this. But do not expect this sort of kindness from me often." He states, giving me something. The very flower that I was named after. It was a deep crimson, shining like blood in the moonlight. I smelled it and it smelled fresh, but it wasn't even spring. How could that be? Something doesn't seem right.. "Ah!" I squeaked. After I thought things weren't right, I got poked by a thorn on the flower. I looked at Kurai, and I swear I saw his eyes flashing a dark violet, as he turned his head away.

'I must be getting schizophrenic. I really need to go to bed...'

"Your gift just injured me." I state.

"Really? Funny that it reminds me of someone." He then looked pointedly at me.

I just ignore this and take the flower back with me to the dorm, despite myself. I managed to sneak back in without anyone noticing. I put the flower on my desk and went to sleep.

Kurai's POV

I walked back to the dorm. As I walked in, I saw Senri and Kaito looking at me with concerned faces. I understood what was wrong. I just gave them a light smile and waved at them, before walking to my room. As I sat on my bed, I was thinking...

'It's her...'