ii. Percy Jackson being Percy Jackson does something stupid, again

AND WHEN SOPHIE THOUGHT THINGS WERE GETTING BETTER she found herself under Luke's sword point.

She yelped, classic Sophie.

Luke's eyes blazed with fire in a menacing kind of way as he tilted his head, his sword point edged a little deeper into Sophie's skin.

"Why don't you um, look at Chiron?" Sophie choked out with a forced laugh as she stepped backward toward the railing.

Luke, unfortunately for Sophie, didn't look at Chiron.

"Join us," he repeated, "I know you are one of the unclaimed in camp, what have your godly parent ever done for you?"

Horrible, yet what Luke had just said was true.

Phoebes, after all, had never helped her. Instead, the only time he actually talked to her was 3 years ago, when he needed a favor done.

But she couldn't just betray her camp, she loved her home too much.

With a scowl, she pulled out her sword and stopped backtracking.

"You think what you are doing is so heroic," Sophie hissed.

Luke arched an eyebrow.

"You don't understand," he began to say, but Sophie cut him off.

"But you should know it's not," she continued even as Luke charged at her.

She had no idea why Luke was so focused on her when the bigger threat was obviously Percy Jackson who was inching toward them.

"You trash talk during sword fights as well?" Luke mused.

Even though Sophie disliked fighting, it somehow still was in her genes, so despite Luke being good, no excellent, at sword fighting she still managed, but barely.

Sophie shook her head, but a plan began to formulate in her mind.

She vaguely heard the battle cries of Tyson and Chiron's party ponies from behind, but she had to keep her concentration.

Slowly, she stepped right and attacked Luke from his left. So naturally, Luke stepped right to defend himself.

Annabeth and Percy were nearly ready to leap off the ship riding on Centaur's back, so Sophie had to hurry up.

She faked being tired and began to backtrack toward the water. She hoped that Percy understood what she was trying to do.

"I can sense you're not doing your best," Luke said smugly as he pressed on.

"I am though!" Sophie protested.

10 feet away from the pool.

She risked a glance at Percy and was relieved to see that Percy was looking intently in her direction.

"What are you looking at..." Luke started to say, but Sophie yelled at Percy.

"NOW!"

Sophie dropped her sword, rolled, and kicked a surprised Luke from behind.

Percy at the same time, willed the water to grab Luke into its embrace.

What happened next was a general blur.

Sophie remembered a Centaur grabbing her onto its back or something, but Sophie was too baffled by the fact that she had just won a battle!

Well not exactly a battle, but it meant the world to Sophie!

But her moment of glory and triumph died when the Centaur she was riding on actually jumped right off the side of the boat.

"AHHHHH HELP WE'RE GOING TO DIE!" She screamed as they plummeted toward the ground.