True Beginning

"Michael, ... she's coming Michael! Get the things ready. Is the food warm? Are the clothes ready?"

FREEZE

Well now, here is a normal Barbadien family, hurrying around, waiting for their new arrival. Or as you would call it, their bundle of joy!

DEFROST

"Michael, ... bring the clothes! She's here! ... shhh ... Mama's here... MICHAEL!"

Now here is Mama in all her glory, holding the little bundle of joy. Poor Dad, he is so nervous, and Mum's got him doing a thousand things at once.
"Lydia, I can't find her jersey... where did you put it?"
"Over there! Near the egg warmer!"
"Do you want to keep her shell?"
"Don't be daft, of course we are going to keep her shell! Your mother wants to add it to the families collection... Michael are you bringing the babies food anytime soon?"

FREEZE

well... there you have it. A normal Barbadien family that has just had their first child... except...

DEFROST

"MICHAEL! Michael Michael Michael! Oh no Michael, come quick!"
"What's wrong my precious?"
"She's... she's... oh no, she's got no tail!"
"What!?" Then a small "Oh... okay"
Mum was frantically flipping me over, this way and that, looking for a tail, one that I sadly did not have.  As if suddenly one might appear,... better late than never. Unfortunately, in this case, never...

"OH, what do we do!" Mum cried sadly, "What will everyone say? She'll never fit in!?"
"She is still our baby Lydia, don't you love her any way?"
"Ofcourse! That's why I am worried for her. I don't want her to be affected by what other people will say!"
"Then what do you suppose we do? We can't lock her up in the house Lydia! We can't hide her forever."
"I know Michael, I know." She said as she quietly wept for me, for what I would face, for everything she didn't know would come to pass.

FREEZE

And thats the story of the beginning of my life. Nothing much happened after my father and mother decided to send me to earth. The only thing that would probably give you the idea that I'm "not normal" is that my hair is blue and my eyes have a purple tinge. But there is an explanation for everything, 1. The hair is a fashion statement and 2. I've got contacts. Pretty clever right?

Well now... let's get back to the present...