The Date

Back at home, Meria was looking through my jewelry and cosmetics.

"Girl!", she said finally, "When it comes to make-up and jewelry your so broke, you could be blacklisted!"

"It's not sooo bad,... is it?

"It really is...but luckily I knew this was going to happen so I came prepared." she said, seeming a little to enthusiastic about dressing me up.

"Really..?" I was a little unsure of the current state of things. Meria's style and mine, are a lot more that a little different. Where I preferred a nice jean and top, she would rather wear a short skirt and even lower v-lined blouse.

"Ta Da!" she said holding up a...well...slightly less than tiny dress. Okay, to me ...it seemed like more of a skirt really.

"Are you sure there is nothing else in that drawer? We could always just go buy something, real quick..."

I was hoping for a break, but my friend wasn't having any of it today it seems.

"Oh no Annalees" she said rolling her eyes at me, "Don't be absurd. Just put it on."

"But its so small", I protested under my breath, half hoping she would hear me, half terrified she would.

"No its not! Its perfect, and I can one hundred percent guarantee that Clifford will love it. I am also satisfied that it will have him groveling at your front door." With that last sentenced she broke into a fit of giggles on the bed. It didnt seem like I would have a choice but to at least give it a try.

"Come on Annalees", she pushed, "Have I ever lied to you? And you know you have the perfect body for it."

"Okay fine," I grumbled, "I will try it, but if its uncomfortable, I am not wearing it!"

"Whatever!", she shouted after me as I walked to my bathroom to change, "I know its going to look great on you!"

Standing in the bathroom, I had to admit, it really was a gorgeous dress. It was sexy and revealing, without revealing too much. It was a gold and went well wit my olive skin tone. It was figure hugging, a halter neck that ran deep giving ample cleavage , with cut out areas at my sides as it flowed down my middle just covering my belly button, and opening into a skirt tat just covered my round bottom. My curves accentuated to it maximum, I did feel pleased...not that I would tell Meria she was right though. My light purple eyes mixed with swirls of light blue at the pleasure I felt. My long light blue hair flowed in summer curls to my shoulders. And the long diamond and gold drop earrings accompanied the look nicely. A simple heart shaped necklace drew your attention to the cleavage on display with the shy glint from the stone it cradled within it. Meria had always said I had pretty legs, and in this legs they really showed.

I decided on the heels I would wear. I chose a high heeled, opened toed stiletto's, gold, with straps that wrapped seductively up to my mid calf area. I decided it was time to let Meria see how good the dress looked, knowing there would definitely be some gloating from her part.

"Wow! Girl I told you it would look good! Damn!" she shouted as soon as I walked out.

"So were did you even get this dress? And why did you just happen to have it in my size?"

"Actually I bought it for your birthday."

"Really," I arched my brow in disbelief, " My birthday is a long way from now though."

"Actually....your turning  21 next week Friday."

"Already?" I laughed.

"Time goes by fast doesn't it?"

"Mmmmm..."I said half listening as I quickly applied a light touch of make-up and some perfume. It was almost time to leave...but at the moment, my mind was drifting to another time.

FREEZE

When I was little. I remember always being unhappy. My aunt and uncle always seemed to be worried about me. Always extra careful around me, and instinctively, even as a child, I could feel it. I remember I always got what I wanted...everything, I cant complain about that, but I never got what I truly wanted. My parents. Uncle Joseph and Aunt Marian, although they couldn't give me the parents I always wanted, they did make me a promise.

That they would, on the night on my 21st birthday, take me back to Barbadia, my home planet, to meet my parents at last. And... I would be turning 21 next week Friday.

DEFROST