Ch. 4

After lunch, I and my siblings had some chores to do and lessons of our own. My favorite are dance lessons and my time spent working in the infirmary. I didn't mind foraging lessons but I least like the hunting classes.

After those I and my siblings met back up with the Sully kids, the sun heading for the horizon on the other side that it rose on, trying to reach sunset.

I waved as I walked over and saw that Tuk was splashing around in the water with her siblings.

"Ready to start?" I question with a smile as Tuk groans in response because playtime is over.

"I'll take that as a yes." I laugh.

We swim out into the water a little way.

"I was thinking that we could go explore the reef. Sound like a good idea?" I see them nodding in agreement and signal them to dive under with me.

I submerge fully into the water. Opening my eyes, my sight is filled with the beauty of the reef. The many organisms swimming through the natural coral.

I look around and see the Sully kids with marveled faces. I smile and begin to swim deeper into the water. I spin myself around and glide through the water before returning to a more upright position where I can see and communicate with the people around me.

My lips spread into a small smile as I get excited about how much the blue Na'vi are enjoying the sights. But my smile falters as I watch the grins that were once on their face vanish as Neteyam points up to the surface.

When they move their heads above water I give my siblings a questioning look.

The family comes back down and seem a little bit awkward. They stay closer to the surface and continue to constantly go back up for air.

"Why are they going up for air so much?" Tsireya signs. I shook my head and then I see Ao'nung and Rotxo signing to each other. I don't even want to know what they're chuckling about.

When they dive back under Tsireya signs to them. "What's wrong?" She questions.

They don't seem like they understand.

"Let's all head back up." I say and point up for the Sullys.

We all bring our heads above the water and that's when I hear Neteyam start speaking.

"It is hard for us to stay under, and we don't understand your, finger talk or whatever." He says mimicking the signs, defending himself and his siblings. I look at Tsireya and Ao'nung, my face showing that I'm upset.

I wish I could have helped them more, I should have thought ahead, then I would have foreseen the way these events had gone.

"Okay, I understand. I am sorry." I apologize with my head turned slightly down.

"Oh, I didn't mean to make you upset." Neteyam says seeing me unhappy and seems to slightly move towards me.

"It's nothing you guys did, this is just how Y/n gets when her teaching isn't perfect or she makes the smallest mistake." Tsireya says giving me a knowing look.

"You guys are not good divers, maybe swinging through trees." Ao'nung teases and Rotxo laughs.

I push Ao'nungs head into the water and air bubbles hurry to the surface as they escape his mouth. Once I think the bubbles have gone on for long enough I release my hand and his head pops above water quickly and he takes in a gasp of air.

He glares at me as Tsireya giggles.

"Anyway." I say once the mood has become more serious. "We'll continue teaching you to the best of our abilities. We haven't taught you much yet but we will work hard, and in return, we wish that you try hard too." I say, finishing with a smile.