| ⁰¹

As always, Jax took a seat in the last corner of the diner

As always, Jax took a seat in the last corner of the diner. That way he had the perfect sight to watch the beautiful brunette he had laid his eyes on a few weeks ago. He shouldn't, he was aware of that. His Old Lady was sitting at home with their two boys while he was searching for distraction somewhere else.

The first time he came here, he only planned on getting a quick breakfast on his way home but the moment he saw the brunette coming out from the back and serving customers, he knew he needed to come back.

Since then, he came here everytime he had a minute for himself. After fourteen months behind bars a lot has changed; he has changed. At first he really considered leaving with Tara and the boys and start a normal life. But the thought of leaving his club, his brothers, his family made him realize he couldn't live without them.

The kutte on his back was what he wanted since he was a little kid. Watching his Old Man riding his bike, enjoying the freedom he had; this was what he was always craving and he wouldn't give this up for a million dollars.

Why should he take the family his own sons had away? They were loved by everyone, spoiled like no other kids and all of them would give their life to protect those two little boys. But Tara's opinion on the club still hasn't changed and Jax gave up hope that she would ever accept who he was.

A few weeks after he got out of prison the arguments got worse and they were fighting on daily basis. He understood why Tara wanted to leave, she wasn't made for this life. But he wouldn't let her leave with his boys. Without them he would be lost, they were the only thing keeping him from going insane and loose himself sometimes. Tara was able to make him feel safe once, too. Sadly, not anymore.

Instead, he found peace at a diner watching a young woman like a creep. They had a few short conversations over the past weeks and he was tempted to ask for her number many times now, yet he never dared to do so, thinking about his girlfriend at home.

"So, you're here again", the brunette came to a stop at his table, a scribbling pad and a pen ready. "What can I get you today, Jax?"

The way his name rolled over her tongue blurred his mind for a second while she was flashing him that pretty smile he figured he adored.

"The same as always, darling", he gave her his famous Teller grin that always caused her to roll her eyes in amusement.

"Aren't you getting tired of our burgers by now?", she asked with a raised brow, her smile never fading.

"Nah, they're great. Why don't you get yourself a plate and sit down with me?", he inquired, his eyes searching for hers. He could get lost in those beautiful green eyes of hers.

"I don't know, Jax. My shift's not over yet", the brunette said softly. "I can't let my mom do everything by herself."

Jax glance wandered around. There weren't all too many people left. It was already late and in the middle of the week. The only people still coming in were truck drivers who wanted to get some rest and coffee. He spotted Cleo's mom sitting behind the counter looking through some bills.