| ¹⁶

༄

. ༄. The throbbing pain caused by her broken nose gave her the worst headache she had in her life and waiting for Jax to come back became harder every minute. She wanted to explain what happened with her own words, not letting anyone tell him only half the shit that happened.

When her nose kept bleeding heavily, Dawn had enough and dragged the young woman on her feet after downing her shot of Tequila and slamming the shot glass down on the bar.

"We're not waiting any longer. I'll get you to the hospital", Dawn stated. They had only met today but the Trager woman didn't care, she was already worried about her new friend.

"No, it's only a matter of time before Jax gets here", Cleo retorted, her look stubborn but her voice held insecurity.

"Nah, doll. Dawn's right, you need to see a doctor", Tig joined the conversation as he put a hand on Cleo's shoulder to give it a soft squeeze.

"What about Abel and Thomas?", the brunette sighed.

"Gemma's with them, they're taken care of. Jax is going to kill us if we let you wait for him with a broken nose instead of forcing your ass to go see a doctor", the man with the black curls and piercing blue eyes said firmly.

"Fine", Cleo eventually gave in and scratched her forehead. "Just do me a favor and let me tell him what happened, okay?"

"Yeah, sure", Tig nodded. "You call if you need anything", he said, turning his attention at his daughter. "Make sure you two get there safe, give me a call once you're there."

"I'm twenty-six years old, daddy, I can take care of me and my new friend here" Dawn smirked while grabbing her bag. "See you later."

"You could be fifty and I would ask you to give me a call. Now get out of here", Tig grinned and watched the two women leave the clubhouse.

As if Cleo had smelled it, Jax and the rest of the guys were back in town only five minutes later and in a pretty good mood. Seemed like everything was going down the way they wanted to, which was a good thing. Yet Tig had to break the news to Jax and probably ruin his good mood.

"This sucks. Hospital's I mean", Cleo muttered under her breath while still holding the white cloth pressed against under her nose. Who had the idea to give her a white cloth to stop the bleeding? Didn't matter, she'd throw it away anyway afterwards.

"Why? You don't like them?", Dawn inquired, jumping out of her car to open the door for Cleo. "I mean, no one likes them but St. Thomas isn't so bad. At least it wasn't back then."

"Well, it is if you got a real good surgeon fired and the hospital's supervisor hates you for it", Cleo tried to joke, yet there was nothing funny about it honestly.