nine

09. HOW TO DISAPPEAR COMPLETELY

Pain. The only thing Jackie Wilson could feel is hot white stinging pain. But it's good, it means you're still alive. But still, it hurt like a son of a bitch.

Jackie groans as she turns to her side, her left hand had stopped bleeding a while ago, but the stinging hadn't stopped, as well as her headache. She sat up and drags her body to a tree where her back propped up against the bark.

I ain't got time to bleed, Ace.

"Shut the fuck up, Jerk," Jackie said to the air.

Come on, don't be such a pussy

"I ain't a pussy you mother fucker." She gritted her teeth as she inspect her injuries, her palm, her hand, her calf, and a whole lot of headache.

"Miss?" an unfamiliar voice calls for her.

Ace, you gotta get up now.

"You think I wouldn't if I could?" Jackie scoffs.

"Are you okay?"

Jack, come on, it ain't funny anymore, just get up.

"I am waking up you dumbass!"

"Miss? can you hear me?"

Jackie, open your eyes now!

Jackie jolted upwards as she grips Nellie with her right hand, swinging it right in front of her.

"Whoa! Calm down!" The source of the voice became clear. It was a boy, a few years older than her, with blond hair that was pushed back, a few strands fell in front of his baby blue eyes. The first thing she noticed was how dirty he is. He looked like he hasn't had a bath since World War II and he was skinny. extremely skinny. It was bad.

"Who the fuck are you?" Jackie asks him with a hoarse voice.

"I asked you first."

"I asked you seco-"

"You finish that sentence I'll destroy you piece by piece and feed you to the walkers."

"Yeah? How?" He smirks as he looked over to her.

"You blind or what?" Jackie asked him incredulously as she motions to Nellie.

"I just think it's funny you throw threats at me but you can't even stand up by yourself." The boy chuckles. The corner of his eyes crinkled as his eyes gleamed in amusement. It has been too long for him being alone, and he is a social butterfly, not having another person to talk to almost killed him.

"Shut the fuck up, answer my question." Jackie gritted her teeth.

"I'm Jamie. Jamie Campbell." He smiled at her. Jackie sucks up a breath. No matter how dirty he is, it doesn't close up his charming smile.

"Jackie." She grunts as she tried to stand up, But the searing pain in her calf kept her sitting down.

"Jackie...."

"Jackie. just Jackie. Aight? now shut the fuck up. My head is killing me." She grunts as she lets Nellie down and leans her head back to the bark. She quickly rips her cargo pants, realizing she's only in her bra after throwing her t-shirt soaked with blood as she tried to distract the walkers a few hours ago. She quickly wraps her calf with the fabric, cursing as her hands tremble in exhaustion.