three

03. ALTERNATE WORLD

JACKIE SILENTLY crept into her house, trying to not make any sound as she guided herself inside. Her house was ransacked. Plates were thrown everywhere, her boots crunched as she stepped on them. She looked over the walls, no family pictures, simply because her father hated those things hanging everywhere, different colors, and style making the house ugly.

To her, the house simply held no sentimental value except for her siblings, Little Benji and Baby Georgie. They grew up here, and no matter how much she hated the small countertops and the small cupboards where she was thrown into, she loved the walls because it's where her siblings lived.

"Stay here, I'll be quick." She says to Rick and Morgan who followed her inside. She ran upstairs to her room. She quickly enters her room and packs up things she would need, toothbrush, clothes, tampons, and her pictures. She glanced around again, finding Marlon's leather jacket on her bed.

Damn, Ace, look at your nose! So red! So you've realized you're a clown huh?

Jackass.

She wore the leather jacket on top of her white t-shirt, not caring how hot it will be. The thing about a zombie apocalypse is, you need to cover up or they'll scratch you, then you're dead. They'll bite your uncovered arms, you're dead. The sun will burn your skin, you're dead.

Covering up is important.

She looked over to her mirror, the star athlete was nowhere to be seen, the one in her mirror was just a girl wearing her possibly dead best friend's leather jacket, boyfriend jeans, and a baseball cap. She's just a shadow whose Jackie Wilson really is.

She rummaged everywhere trying to find her precious hunting knife Marlon had given her, she ransacked her own room, desperately trying to find it. She almost cries out of frustration, not being able to find it. The knife is so important to her, and the knife brought a sense of comfort for her, not having the knife with her almost breaks her.

She sighed in defeat after not finding it and went outside to her siblings joined room, and can't help but sob. The room was destroyed, the bed was thrown off across the room, books, clothes, and toys laying around the ground. She went inside, trying to find anything, anything. she fell to the ground cries silently, trying to be sad and not attract any walkers.

Suddenly, something gleams on the corner of her eye, a locket, and a dog tag lying on the ground. She reached to it and picked it up, recognizing the locket was custom made she designed for her baby sister. 

The locket was small and shaped into a compass with intricate lining, she knows how obsessed her sister with anything about adventure, especially Narnia. She gave her the locket in hopes of reminding her a way to go, not wanting her to get lost in an adventure and be forgotten. Her baby sister loved it.

The dog-tags, however, was her grandpa's. It was originally given to her, wanting her to have a piece of him. Her little brother knows how important the dog-tags is for her, so he would hold it whenever he felt scared, so he would feel like she was with him. 

That day, Benji was scared, she gave him the dog-tags to calm him down and went to school. Seeing the dog-tags here without her brother holding it, making her heart fell. My siblings is out there without me. She thought. The thought itself scared her, she hoped they found safety.