2-This is Not a Place in My Head

Mikey's P.O.V.

"Whatever, Gerard. Im leaving!" I screamed, storming out of the house. I didn't know where I was going and I don't care either. I'll probably go to my spot in the woods, I need to get away from Gerard for a while. Plus the first full moon of summer was coming close upon us. We tend to get more aggressive around that time.

Full moons are bad news anyways, that's when we're forced the change into our wolf forms. But on the first and last full moons of each season, bad things happen. Really bad things happen. Sometimes it's to only a wolf, and sometimes it's to packs. Once, before I was born, there was this full on war against different packs. From the stories I've heard it was terrible, so many died. Even hunters came out on the night, some of them died, they killed some of us.

No one ever knows what's in store for these full moons, but most get this gut feeling that something bad is going to happen. It's hard to explain, it's like a twisting feeling, like when you know your going to throw up. That's about the only way to describe it. But I've heard that everyone feels different when they know something is going to happen. Gerard's told me his feels like when your stomach drops out of fear or something like that.

Speaking of Gerard, sometimes he's so frustrating, especially about the pack. I'm not saying he's a bad Alpha or anything of those sorts. He's my brother, and I love him. But he's getting out of shape for it and everything. And maybe it's just me who thinks that though, because honestly, I'm willing to remove him at any cost. Even if he is my brother.

That's why I stormed off, I was pissed at Gerard once again. I want to be Alpha, and the only way that can happen is if I kill him. I'm not fond of the idea, but if I want to be Alpha, Gerard has to go. That's all there is to it. If I want to be Alpha, Gerard is going to have to go.

I made it to my little spot in the woods, it's not much. It's kind of in the center, there's a fallen tree that helps me remember. I climb up the tree I've claimed as mine, it's beside the fallen tree. But I climb up and settle myself between a few branches so I won't fall. I'm not near as agile in human form, but I prefer being in human form.

My back is resting against the trunk, and my butt is sitting on a sturdy branch, my legs dangling off. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. This is the only time i feel remotely normal. Sometimes, I wish I could stay up here forever and never come back down. But sadly, that's not how it works.

I laid there for what seemed like forever, but was more like two hours. I kept checking my watch for some reason. But then I heard people talking, I know this place is a summer camp. But I didn't remember it opening so early. I thought it opened in July, that's when it did last year. But what am I supposed to do about it? Nothing.

Our pack will stay away from the camp, I think it's mainly for our sake. Because I know people won't hesitate to kill us. I've seen it happen enough times to know.

I climbed down from the tree, and quietly made my way the edge of the woods on the camps side. I peeked around a big tree and seen a girl and what looked like her mom sitting on a bench. The girl had really light platinum blonde hair, and what looked like blue in the back. It was pulled up into some kind of messy looking thing on her head, a bun. But it doesn't look like a bun, not from what I've seen. Which isn't many, we tend to stay secluded. The girl had on a black shirt with something written on, and light colored jeans shorts. Her shoes had a flowered pattern on them, and there was a black duffle bag sitting beside her feet. She looked to be around my age, maybe a little younger.

The older woman got up and the girl followed her, slinging the black duffle bag over her shoulder. I decided to stay here and wait for them to come out. While waiting I didn't move, I just stood there. Watching the girl through the window. She's pretty. But I can't get close to people.

After probably ten minutes, the girl, the older woman, and a red haired girl I've seen before came out. Her name is Rowan, I know that much. They went down a path to right of the building. I followed quietly behind them, making sure I was hidden by a tree at all times.

The girls stopped in front of a cabin, it had a big nine on the door. This is the one I went snooping in during winter. I didn't find anything at all though.

"This is your cabin with four other girls. It's cabin nine, as you call tell. We'll tape you in a night. So don't try sneaking out." Rowan said with a small chuckle. They walked to the porch of the cabin, and Rowan knocked. A girl with black hair opened it, I couldn't see anything but her back.

"Zoé, this is Abby. Where are the other girls?" Rowan said, gesturing to the blonde girl. Abby. I like it.

"They're unpacking." The girl now named as Zoé said. Rowan led Abby and the older woman, who I'm still wondering if she's Abby's mom, into the cabin. I moved a little closer so I could hear what they were saying and peek into a window

"Where am I gonna sleep?" Abby asked. A girl pointed up somewhere. I looked up above me and there was a window, must be a little loft or something up there.

"Well, I'll let you unpack, make sure to be at the dining hall at five." Rowan said then left.

"Bye, sweetie, I'll see you at the end of summer. Call me, I love you." The older woman said, I was right. That's Abby's mom, Abby nodded and then hugged her. They said goodbye then Abby's mom left. I was just about to turn away but I heard the black haired girl say something.

"Awwe, we got a Mommas girl!" She screeched in high pitch that hurt my ears. Abby rolled her eyes and then flipped Zoé off. I smiled slightly to myself, she's got an attitude.

Abby picked her duffle bag up once again and climbed up a little rope ladder I hadn't seen before. The last thing I seen of her was her flowered shoe. After that was gone and I started making my way back to the house.

Once I got back to the house I kicked my boots off on the porch, and went inside. Gerard grunted a hello, but never looked up from his drawing. I took a step closer and looked at it, it was some kind of scenery. He's a really good artist, probably one of my favorite things about him. When he's doing art he's calm. It's a lot unlike when we're in our wolf forms and he's, I don't know how to put, not calm I guess. I mean, there's nothing wrong with the way he leads the pack, but he could be calmer.

I went to my room and shed myself of my jacket. I laid it on the chair in the corner of the room then flopped on my back with a grunt when I landed. I need to stop doing that, I'm going to break my bed one day.

I laid on my back with my hands under my head, staring at the ceiling thinking. Is it bad that I would kill my brother just to but Alpha? Probably. But there's this burning desire to be Alpha, and I'm willing to do anything to fulfill it. It is bad that I basically stalked a girl today? Yet again, probably. But she intrigued me, what can I say? As I said before, it's not very often I see a girl. There's a few in our pack but they're all mated.

But, I can't turn Abby into a werewolf either. It's basically an unspoken rule; Do not turn humans! And we don't, we listen. So, if you want a mate then you have to go and find one. But that's dangerous. So, I'm content with not having a mate, plus I have other things to worry about right now other than some a girl.

««»»

A/N: Chapter two!! Woo! No? Okay. But I hope you enjoyed. Mikey's P.O.V. Won't be often, for most of the story it'll be Abby's. I just did his for some background and all that good good. The picture is of Abby.

Title Cred: PVRIS - Mind Over Matter

Love you guys!! <3 <3

CloudsOfSmoke