◆Chapter 12◇

Lunch Rush's Eatery:

"Thank you!" Miyuki bowed politely after the cooking hero served her. She moved away from the line and waited with her tray for Izuku, Ochaco, and Tenya to get their food and find a table. When the other three got their food, the four of them found a table and sat down to eat.

As they did, Miyuki felt like someone was watching her. She looked up.

"Hm?"

A boy with dark eyes and indigo hair was looking back at her. He had such... feminine features, and pretty sharp ears. Miyuki quickly realized she was looking at a senior.

She gave them a curt nod with a small smile. The senior's face reddened - more than she thought someone's face could - and they quickly turned away.

She was confused. Why were they embarrassed?

"There are a lot of people today, too!" Ochaco said, settling down in the seat across from her.

"That's because everyone in the hero course, support course, and management course eats in the same place," Tenya informed them.

"The rice is so delicious!" Ochaco exclaimed, then looked at the black-and-white-haired girl in front of her. "Yuki-Chan, have you tried it yet? It's so good!"

"No, not yet," Miyuki replied, smiling widely at Ochaco's excitement. "I definitely will now, since it came so highly recommended!" Just as she picked up her utensils, she realized Izuku had been quiet for some time now. She lightly elbowed him. "Izuku? Is there something on your mind?"

"...What?" Izuku responded, looking at his three friends around him, completely oblivious to what they were saying just now. Miyuki, Ochaco, and Tenya looked at him, rather concerned. "Well, you see... Even though I've been chosen as class rep... I'm not sure I'm qualified for it."

"Of course you are," Tenya replied at once. "Your courage and judgement at critical moments are worth following. It's why I voted for you."

"It was you?" Izuku asked.

"But didn't you want to be Class Rep, too, Iida-Kun?" Ochaco asked the bespectacled boy. "With glasses and everything."

"Wanting to do it and being suitable to do it are two different issues," Tenya replied. "It's what I judged to be correct."

"I've been thinking..." Ochaco spoke up conspiratorially, "... Are you a rich boy, Iida-Kun?"

"Rich...!" The blue-haired male was taken aback, but quickly returned his dignity and fixed his glasses. Miyuki, Izuku, and Ochaco stared at him intently. "Yes, I come from a family of heroes," he finally confessed, wavering slightly. "I'm the second son."

"What?!" Izuku and Ochaco echoed each other. "Wow!"

"That's really cool, Iida-Kun!" Miyuki said excitedly, fascinated and impressed by his sudden revelation. It came as no surprise to her that he came from a good family, though - he went to a private school in middle school, after all.

Tenya puffed out his chest, emboldened by their fascination of him.

"Do you know the Turbo Hero, Ingenium?" He asked the three of them.

"Of course!" Miyuki replied, now understanding why his hero costume looked so familiar.

"He's a really popular hero who has 65 sidekicks working at his Tokyo agency!" Izuku finished. His eyes widened in anticipation. "Don't tell me -"