🖤TH🤍3

Miyuki and Izuku looked around at their surroundings as Melissa led them through a large building. The half-and-half girl thought it closely resembled an educational institute, and her suspicions were confirmed when Melissa told them they were on the academy's campus.

"And this is the lab that I use," she said as she led the two first years inside her lab. It was much smaller than her father's, but no less full as her inventions neatly filled nearly every space available of the room. "Sorry it's so messy."

"Wow," Izuku gasped. "It looks so professional. I can't believe you're doing research in a place like this."

"Oh," Miyuki muttered, her eyes landing on a marble figurine of a woman in a lab coat sitting on one of the shelves. She was holding up a vial in one hand and a mechanical contraption in the other. "Melissa-San, who is this?"

"Her? She was one of the academy's founders," Melissa replied proudly. She and Izuku turned to look at the figurine as well. "Her name was Reina Hitsugaya. She was one of the first female scientists of her generation."

"Hitsugaya?" Miyuki asked, eyes widening slightly. She looked at the figurine again, then frowned when she was unable to tell the exact features of this woman. The only thing she could make out was a butterfly crest on her coat.

Did she have white hair, by any chance? Miyuki wondered eagerly. Green eyes, too?

"Yeah. Does that name sound familiar to you, Yuki-Chan?" Melissa asked the half-and-half girl. "It wouldn't come as a surprise. You might've seen it in one of the descriptions. The Hitsugaya were a well-known family of scientists on the island. Much of the tech we see today was inspired by their own inventions."

W-Were...?

Could that mean... possibly...

"I-I see," Miyuki responded, a small smile gracing her features as she looked at the marble woman. Izuku glanced at his friend with concern when he heard the tinge of disappointment in her tone. "Sorry for interrupting you, Melissa-San. My curiosity tends to get the better of me sometimes."

"It's fine, Yuki-Chan," the blonde girl told her kindly. "Any enquiries you and Deku-Kun may have about I-island or the academy, I'm happy to answer them for you."

"Thank you very much," Miyuki politely responded, bowing her head.

"Melissa-San, you're really talented," Izuku spoke up as he craned his head to see the trophies on her shelf.

"Actually, I wasn't getting very good grades," Melissa revealed sheepishly as she retrieved an object from an adjacent storage unit. "That's why I studied really hard. It's because I want to become a hero no matter what."

"A pro hero?" Izuku asked.

"No, I gave that up early," Melissa responded. "I'm Quirkless, after all."

"Quirkless...?" Izuku muttered.

"I didn't have a Quirk, even after I turned five, so I was taken to a doctor," Melissa explained. "I was told I was the type that would never get a Quirk."

"S-Sorry," Izuku muttered and Miyuki frowned, understanding how well he knew the feeling of getting news like that. "I'm... I'm sorry..."

"Hm?" Melissa asked as she walked out of the storage room and saw the two teenagers' expressions. "What's the matter?"

"Oh, nothing..." Izuku replied. "It's just, to be told you don't have something everyone around you has naturally... Yuki-Chan and I don't see that as much any more."

"Of course, I was shocked," Melissa confessed as she brought over two small boxes to them. "But I had a goal that was close to me."

"A goal?" Miyuki echoed curiously.