Chapter 2: The Not so Great Outdoors

Kevin's P.O.V

After we were all dried off from the collapsing dock, the rest of the gang and I are now gathered by the campfire pit.

"This is camp Wawanakwa, your home for the next eight weeks. The campers sitting around you will be your cabin mates, your competition, and maybe even your friends. Do you dig? The camper who manages to stay on Total Drama Island the longest without getting voted off will win $100,000," Chris said.

"Excuse me? What will the sleeping arrangements be? Because I would like to request a bunk under her," A punk-looking guy said while pointing at Heather, who looked repulsed.

I rolled my eyes at how disrespectful the guy was, acting like Heather was a prize he got to choose to be near.

"They're not co-ed. Are they?" Heather asked.

"No, the girls get one side of each cabin, and the dudes get the other," Chris replied.

"Excuse me, Kyle? Can I have a cabin with a lake view since I'm the prettiest?" The blonde hair girl wearing a red bandanna asked.

"Okay, you are," Chris said slowly."But that's not really how it works here, and it's Chris."

"I have to live with Sadie, or I'll die," A skinny tan-skinned girl with pigtails stated.

"And I'll break out in hives. It's true," A chubby white-skinned girl with pigtails agreed.

I sighed mentally at those two as they were being way too dramatic, and if they kept behaving this way, I would go crazy. I noticed that I wasn't the only one annoyed, so we're the others, especially Heather looked about ready to beat them up.

"This can't be happening," A goth girl muttered.

"Aw, come on guys, it'll be fun. It's like a big sleepover!" A large guy loudly exclaimed, trying to cheer everyone up as he grabbed a jock in red and the goth girl in a headlock who happened to be sitting in front of him.

I silently chuckled as I watched them struggle to escape from the big guy's embrace, gaining Heather, who was sitting next to me, attention briefly before she looked away in annoyance at the situation.

"Alright, here is the deal. We're going to split you into two teams. If I call your name out, go stand over there," Chris explained."Gwen, Trent, Heather, Cody, Lindsay, Beth, Katie, Owen, Leshawna, Justin, Noah, Jaden, and Kevin. From this moment on, you are officially known as the Screaming Gophers!"

"Yeah! I'm a gopher! Woo!" Owen cheered loudly, holding up the Gopher flag.

"Awesome seems we're on the same team," I said to Heather as I flashed her a smile.

Heather simply put on her sunglasses and looked away in annoyance.

'She a difficult one, but man, she beautiful. I win her over. She can't resist me forever. I can see deep down she likes me.' I thought, glancing over at Jaden, who had an annoying smirk on his face looking at me and then glancing at Heather with a glint in his eyes.

"Wait! What about Sadie?" Katie, the tan-skinned girl with pigtails, asked worriedly.

Chris ignored her and carried on talking."The rest of you over here. Geoff, Bridgette, DJ, Tyler, Sadie, Izzy, Ezeki, Duncan, Eva, and Harold. Move, move, move!"

I paid close attention to see who reacted to each name to learn who my competition was. I was happy about my team, except for Jaden. I would have been more pleased with him on the other team.

"It's fantastic. It's like amazing," Harold said.

"All right, campers. You and your team will be on camera in all public areas during this competition," Chris explained.