Chapter 02: First day with an attempted escape

Lolita's POV
Wednesday and I had the same core classes, but different extracurricular activities. It was weird because we could normally have all the same classes and we each chose one curricular activity for ourselves to take together and then we'd agree on another one. Usually music.

Lolita's Schedule
Dancing
Mathematics
Plant sciences
Music
Lunch
Art
Languages and Culture
Literature

Wednesday's Schedule
Fencing
Plant sciences
Literature
Mathematics
Lunch
Music
Spanish
History

I sighed and thought 'At least I'll be able to check in with her at lunch....hopefully she hasn't made any enemies or caused trouble by then.'

~~~timeskip~~~
"Dr. Kinbott's office is on the second floor. Other Nevermore students swear by her" Ms. Weems says as she drops Wednesday and I off at our therapy appointment "You'll be here until we're done?" Wednesday asked as she got out of the car with me following.

Except Ms. Weems pulled me back "I apologize for the confusion, but you both have separate appointments" Wednesday raised a brow and said "And you chose me to go first? You'll just have to reschedule Lolita's appointment after I'm done with Dr. Kinbott" I sighed and hung back as Ms. Weems tried again to be nice "Perhaps afterwards we can visit the Weathervane for hot chocolate."

"Principal Weems, this feeble attempt at bonding is beneath you. And chauffeuring your students around is below your pay grade" Wednesday says as she glanced at me. I offer a timid smile before Ms. Weems retorts back "Given your history, I'm sure you're intent on running away. I'm here to prevent that from happening. I wish you luck" Wednesday glared before going inside and slamming the door behind her.

Ms. Weems turns back and says "So tell me about yourself, Lolita, I hear you like dancing" I nodded slightly uncomfortable with being alone in a car with her "It's mostly traditional and classical dancing, but I recently got into more modern dances" she nodded and observed my fingers as I anxiously wrung them together.

"Are you-" she starts but I cut her off by saying "Why don't I get us some teas from the Weathervane while we wait?" Without waiting for a response I quickly dismissed myself from her presence and made a beeline for the coffee shop.

I quickly entered and looked around before my breath hitched at the sight of a teenage boy behind the counter.

He's possibly one of the most handsome boys I've ever seen, with light-brown hair like caramel and dark brown eyes like chocolate contrasting against his vanilla covered skin tone he reminds me of nothing more then a sweet treat Grandmama used to make in the kitchen at home.

I noticed that he was having trouble with the expresso machine and decided to help him. As I approach him I noticed his eyes had a green hue to it and a mole located on his face. I thought it only added to his beauty.

"Need some help?" I asked making him jump "Uh..no...yes?" He stammered making me smile "What's wrong with your machine?" I asked as I got behind the counter to stand next to him "It's a temperamental beast with a mind of its own, and it doesn't help that the instructions are in Italian" he said waving the instructions that I plucked from his grasp.

I scanned over it before saying "I need a tri-wing screwdriver and a four-millimeter Allen wrench, do you have those?" "Wait, you read Italian?" He asks looking surprised causing me to shrug "My dad taught me" he nodded warily before handing me the tools and letting me work.