Chapter 1

(Y/n) pov

My names is (Y/n) Enoshima. I didn't come from much. I had two younger sisters but we all were separated. More like I was separated. But thankfully I was able to see them from time to time. We all followed different paths and I supported them no matter what. Buying one new clothes with whatever money I could get or the other different weapons to train. I loved both dearly. But they had different plans for me.

You see somehow I became the Ultimate assassin. I know I know. Weird for a young girl like me to become this. I've been in and out with a lot of people and I understand one of my younger sister constantly talks about despair. It's an amazing feeling isn't it? I've been in despair for quite sometime and I don't care to get out of it.

Well that's what I used to think.

I was 16 when I met him. I was strolling through the park after hearing about me getting enrolled into hopes peak. What a stupid name. I didn't see where I was walking and somehow slipped on a piece of paper. I put out my arms holding myself up. It was then I made eye contact with light gray eyes. I froze at this. Realizing the situation I got up. "S-sorry." I helped him up. He chuckled a bit. "Don't worry it's just my luck."

I couldn't help but to keep holding his hand. He felt so warm. It was a feeling I never felt before. He gently smiled at me. "I'm Nagito Komaeda." "(Y/n) Enoshima." I replied back. "What's your talent?" He asked still allowing me to hold his hand. "It's not important." He tilted his head. "If anyone's talent isn't important it should be mine. I'm the Ultimate lucky student."

"That's not a bad talent." I smiled at him. 'Why do I even care?' Just then I got a call. "I'm so sorry I have to go." I waved at him running off. I'm not sure if I could ever say my talent. But the thought of others despising me and hating me. Now that's something.

It had been a few weeks till I saw him again. I was quite curious to see this luck. Far away from his eye sight I threw a knife at him. Seemed his luck came in as he noticed his shoe was untied and bent down to tie it. The knife missed him and hit someone's tire and that car went everywhere. In an attempt to dodge the car Nagito ran my way. And just like last time instead of me tripping it was him. And yes he was on top of me. "We should really stop meeting like this." Nagito sweat dropped. I agreed.

Why was he making me feel like this?

We exchanged numbers and started to hang out. I hated how whenever I tried to throw a knife at him it would always miss. I hate his luck. And somehow his luck gets on me too. I can't even begin to explain how many things I've taken because of him.

But he made me feel special and before I knew it. Despair was gone. He seemed to notice too. "I see now you're at your true beauty. No more despair in you." He smiled and put my hair behind my ear. I blushed and he noticed. "I'm sorry. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want trash like me to touch you." I grabbed his hand. "Stop saying that." He looked at me.

"You. You're the reason I no longer feel despair. I-I think I like you Nagito. Or maybe not like. M-maybe love." It went silent as I looked down and blushed. He laughed. "Surely you don't mean that. How can an ultimate like you have such feelings for garbage li-." Without thinking I grabbed his collar and placed my lips on his.

He tensed up but then relaxed. After a few seconds I let go. Realizing this I blushed and looked away. "I-I'm so sorry!" He put his hand on my cheek making me look up at him. "I. I also share the same feelings with you. I just wouldn't believe you would ever like me." With that confession I hugged him. "Y-you should know my talent before we make any decisions."

He hugged me back then spoke. "It's the Ultimate assassin, right?" I froze. "Don't think I didn't notice you trying to kill me when we first met." I started to shake. So was he faking all this?

"Don't worry though. I'd try to kill trash like me too. Seems my luck doesn't want me to." I held him tighter. "You're not trash Nagito. I'm so sorry. You- you messed with my head. Made me feel these things I never felt before. I was confused. I'll never do it again I swear!" I cupped his face. "I love you ok? I don't want to hurt the things I love!" He stared at me before smiling. We shared another kiss and that's how I started dating the lucky boy.

2 years later

Hopes peak been whatever. I expected worse but I didn't even have to show up to class. I hung out with Nagito everyday. For some reason he like to wear the school uniform. I threw that thing out right when I got it. It wasn't until one day when he went to get some soda from a vending machine when things got a bit confusing. "Aw come on. I put in 1000 yen and pushed the button but no drink. Im the unluckiest guy ever." Nagito shook his head. "We can just shake it." I said but then out of nowhere a truck came and hit it causing tons of sodas to drop out.

"Well guess my luck isn't so bad after all." He smiled. "Yeah it kind of scares me." I sweat dropped. Nagito reached for a can but a lady's hand met his. It was a women in a maid outfit and orange hair. "You two must be Nagito and (Y/n)." I looked at her. "Who might you be?" I asked. "I'm your home room teacher. Chisa Yukizome." I could see the other classmates behind her. What is going on here? We all helped grab the soda and got back to the classroom. It's been awhile since I've been back here. I sat in the back on the other side of the classroom then Nagito.

"Well we just need two more of our classmates." Ms Yukizome looked so happy and thrilled. Why does she care? "I don't want to take another step!" Hiyoko complained. "Fine but you guys better do some cleaning while I'm gone." Just as she left some how Mikan slipped and it was a very lewd pose she was in.

I didn't clean. I just mainly sat at my desk thinking. "What's wrong my hope?" Nagito came up to me with a towel in his hand. "Nothing." I smiled at him. "If nothings wrong then get off of your ass and help!" Hiyoko came out of nowhere and yelled at me. "Why, so I can help you reach the top window?" I rolled my eyes. "Now now you guys." I heard Nagito.

"At least I'm helpful and actually have a good taste in men!" "What the the hell did you just say?!" I got up as she had her hands on her hips. "(Y/n)." Nagito looked me in my eyes. I looked down. "I'm sorry." He grabbed my wrist and we were off to clean.

We actually did a good job. Ms Yukizome came back with the last two. "Good job guys. The room look's immaculate! We'll pick up here tomorrow." Everyone groaned and started complaining about staying in the classroom. "It's true the rules say you can ditch but. There's more to life than being good at something. This time with your classmates will build character. Think of the memories you'll make. Just this once let's put something else front and center like your hope." Everyone else started agreeing.

When the class ended me and Nagito walked home. "Isn't this amazing (Y/n)?" Nagito spoke. "Ms Yukizome being our new teacher?" I asked. He chuckled. "Not just that but take a look at the whole classroom. That room will be fill with nothing but hope." Nagito smiled looking up. I giggled holding onto his arm. "Yes, yes. Hope will surround us both." I leaned onto his shoulder. And now this is going to be our new school life.