01 | Pink Cake

"Bunny, take these to table three" I roll my eyes and turn around, forcing a smile on my face and grabbing the drinks. Making my way toward table three where two males sat.

"Enjoy" The same forced smile on my face.

"I'll enjoy it more if you were the one dancing on that stage," One of the males said, making the other laugh.

"I'm not a dancer sorry," I said politely, ready to walk away until one of them catch my hand and pulled me back.

"I'll pay extra," He said and I pull my arm away.

Before I can speak up a voice behind me speaks "Is everything okay here?" I turn to meet eyes with my boss. He didn't look at the guys but at me, asking if I was okay and I nod.

"We're all good here," The other male says "Maybe put your dancers in place though"

My boss looks at him "Bunny isn't a dancer and before you complain some more let me remind you of the rules. No putting hands on my staff or you'll be kicked out"

The guy visibly gulps and sits up straight, not saying anything else. My boss signals for me to walk away and I do with him following me "You can go home"

I turn to him and shake my head "I didn't do anything wrong, he put his hands on me" I began to protest.

"Jisung, Felix called and he sounded pretty upset"

"What?" I shook my head "Did he say what was wrong?"

Changbin sighed "No, but I could tell he was crying. I can't leave tonight but I can send you home. Plus I know you're tired, get some rest" I nod and walk away.

Changbin started seeing Felix not long after I started working here a few years ago. Me being the brother I am refused Felix to work at such a place but I also knew the money it brought. I told Felix to focus on classes and I'll worry about the bills.

One day when he was visiting me he caught the eye of Changbin and Immediately I knew Felix took a liking to the male. Usually, I was protective of Felix, he was my little brother but Changbin I trusted him. I didn't know why I did but I did.

I take the mask off and looked in the mirror before turning on the water and washing the makeup off my face. After I dry my face, I change out of the exposing clothes and into something more comfortable to walk out in.

•••

"I'm home!" I announce, walking into the apartment and kicking off my shoes. I drop the bag that was on my shoulder on the floor, walking more into the house.

I furrow my brows as walk closer to the kitchen. Felix popped up from behind the counter with a large smile and a pink cake in his hands "Happy Birthday!!"

I chuckle and watch him walk to me, "Happy birthday Jisung" He repeats "Make a wish!! Make a wish!!" He says excitedly.

I smile as he brings the cake closer, the candle wax dripping down to the cake as I close my eyes and mentally make a wish, blowing out the candles and hearing Felix's cheers.

I watch him go back to the island that separated the living room and the kitchen, grabbing a knife and cutting the cake.

Felix was a year younger than me and my only family, as of a few months ago at least. My dad—our dad was all we really had but he died. Cancer, it's a bitch and one of the reasons Felix wants to go into medicine.

I didn't really have friends, mostly because I found it hard to trust people after moving away. Leaving and not looking back just like he had said but now I feel like I shouldn't have as I didn't get to say goodbye to him.

I walk to Felix and he slides a piece of cake to me before digging into his "Maybe I should be a baker" He said with the fork lingering by his lips.

"Following in mom's footsteps are you brother?" I joke.

Felix grimaces "Very funny"

I laugh and eat a piece of the strawberry cake, it was my favorite and Felix knew that. I frown and look at Felix "Thank you for this"

"I'm your brother, it's the least I could do and I could never forget your birthday"

I owed him my life and I'll always protect him because that night he protected me. Yeah, he was my brother but that's what our dad taught us, to always protect each other.

The feeling of putting out a new book>>>