Prologue

14-year-old Taehyun ran through the streets of Seoul, sweat running down his face. Taehyun had stayed out later than he was supposed to. His parents had made it clear that he had to be home by 10pm, and it was already 2:30. He knew he was in trouble. As he raced home, he hoped his parents had gone to bed so he could sneak in without them knowing.

"Fuck Dad is going to fucking kill me-" The young boy said under his breath as he quickly ran through the streets.

The streets were dark and quiet, and Taehyun felt a sense of dread as he ran. He felt like someone was watching him, and he quickened his pace. He had a gut feeling something was wrong and ran faster.

Finally, he reached his house and he let out a sigh of relief.

He ran up to his house and jumped the fence into his backyard. He quickly and quietly ran over to his bedroom window, sneaking back into his house.

He came in the window and was immediately struck by the silence that greeted him. His family was usually quite loud and full of life, so the eerie stillness was almost too much for him. He called out for his family, but there was no response.

He made his way to the living room and what he saw there made his blood run cold. His parents and sister were lying on the floor, their lifeless eyes staring up at him. Taehyun was filled with shock and horror as he saw what had happened. He couldn't believe his family had been brutally murdered.

He stood there, frozen in place, for what felt like hours. He couldn't bring himself to move or even think. All he could do was stare in disbelief at the horrific scene in front of him.

Finally, he was able to break out of his trance and call the police. He was the only one left in his family, and he knew he had to do something to find out who had done this.

Taehyun was determined to get justice for his family. He promised himself he would never rest until he had found the person responsible for taking away his family from him.

Taehyun said on the curb of the sidewalk as the police did their job. He watched with tear filled eyes and he saw people running in and out of his home. The home he would be taken away from after this is over.

Taehyun was a quiet, gentle soul. He had an idyllic life growing up with his loving parents and an older sister. Life was never easy, but they were a close-knit family and got through the tough times together.

But that day, that all changed. Taehyun's family was murdered, leaving him alone and lost. He felt angry and betrayed, wondering why his family had been taken away from him so suddenly.

As time passed, Taehyun never seemed to heal from his loss. He learned how to hide the fact he was hurting. He learned to cope with the pain and channeled his anger into something different. Something more sinister than anger. He dedicated himself to making sure that no one else ever had to experience the same tragedy as him. He made a promise to find who killed his family and he was going to make sure of it.