3

"Taehyun! Mr. Jeon said he wanted to see you in his office!"

Taehyun looked away from his punching bag before nodding at one of his colleagues, San. He took off his boxing gloves and wiped the sweat off of his forehead before making his way out of the gym. He made his way through the building, twists and turns that would feel like a long and grueling walk but Taehyun's gotten used to it.

Once he reached the black double doors of Jungkooks office he bowed at the two officers standing guard in front of him. They opened the doors, letting him inside.

The office might've intimidated someone who wasn't familiar enough with it but to Taehyun. The black walls and the dark furniture felt like home. He saw Jungkook standing near one of his rather large windows, staring out at the city surroundings.

"Mr. Jeon," Taehyun spoke out, bowing. "you wanted to see me?"

JUNGKOOK turned to make eye contact with the younger. "I have a new mission for you. Someone from an enemy company of the Choi Empire wants information from the inside of the company."

"They need a weasel."

"Yes. And I've appointed the mission to you."

"Figured you would."

"Don't get confident Taehyun. You need to go for a job interview. The company needs a security guard for the CEO and you're going to apply. The interview is tomorrow. Here's the script and the things you'll need to know."

Jungkook handed Taehyun a file. Taehyun bowed again before exiting the office. He was kind of hoping he was free from any missions for the week because last week he just finished a mission he had been working on for months. He was tired. But if he's getting paid he doesn't care too much.

He walked back towards the workout room, he didn't finish his workout yet. Once he got back he started punching the punching bag he had been practicing with before he left. He saw out of the corner of his eye Huening Kai started walking up to him. Kai sat down on a bench to watch Taehyun's reps. It seems like the younger one just finished a workout too, him being in a tank top and sweat beaded on his forehead. Taehyun sneaked a glance at the boys tattooed arm.

"I heard you got called down to bosses office." Kai started the convo curiously.

"Yeah, he did."

"What did he need?"

"He had another solo mission for me."

Taehyun kicked the punching bag with so much force Kai had to hold his arm up to block it from hitting him.

"Another solo mission? You just got done with one. He need to give you a fucking break."

"Yeah like he'll listen to you. He's going to keep giving me missions until I either quit, die or betray him."

"That's not a funny joke Taehyun. You can't joke about betrayal here."

"I know that. Sorry."

Kai nodded before standing up and patting Taehyun on the shoulder, Taehyun stopped punching the bag to look at the taller.

"Just be careful and do what you always do okay? You're not the best hit man on our team for no reason." Kai smiled slightly, almost passing as a smirk, and then he walked out of the gym.

•••

This chapter is bad I'm sorry

I hope you enjoyed this chapter

One dream~Kai 🫶🏼

5/11/24