Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Kotone Shiomi awakens to snow falling around her, something that she hasn't seen in ages and despite its calming effect she knows something is wrong. She takes a moment to observe her surroundings and knows that yes, something is in fact wrong for multiple reasons. The first being that she has no idea where she is, she seems to be outside somewhere close to a small house. The second is that she can't seem to remember what she is doing there, why is she just outside someone's house admiring the snow? She has no idea. Not that she needs a reason to admire snow, but still outside of some stranger's house? Questionable for sure. And third, probably the most important. She's naked. Yes, she is outside in snow fall completely uncovered with not even underwear on. Now that definitely raises many questions in her mind but right now, she can't seem to find it in her to start answering even one of them as the cold starts to grow stronger with a sudden gust of wind. She sits on her rear and holds her body tight, unable to find the strength to move. She stays that like for a while as she fights the urge to fall asleep.

She isn't sure exactly how much time had passed but after a while she hears a small click, a door. A young boy walks out of the house carrying a small bag, presumably trash, and he turns around the corner then faces her and pauses the two making eye contact and his eyes going wide. He drops the trash and runs over to her; his breath clouds the nearby air.

"Hey, are you ok?!" he says as he lowers himself down a bit to face her, his eyes shining bright in the night.

"..." she tries her best to speak, but the cold proves to be too much as she can only shake while tightening her hold around herself.

"Hold on, I'll be right back!" he shouts as he runs back inside.

She doesn't have to wait long as not even 30 seconds later he rushes back in with a blanket in hand.

He then pauses and looks down, noticing her tight death grip on herself he walks around behind her and helps her wrap the blanket on seeing as she was covering herself and he carefully wraps it around. He steps back and seeing her covered up asks, "Would you like to come inside?"

She pauses and then nods her head. It was definitely an obvious choice, they both knew it, but it was still very kind of him to ask. She goes to stand but once again struggles to move her legs as they feel very numb, she hadn't been aware of the numbness until now which is another concerning thing to her. She almost falls but he reaches out and holds onto her, she takes her arms and wraps them around his neck and pulls herself closer to him her body now pressed against his. The warmth of his jacket makes her release a soft sigh as she holds him closer. He begins to move her towards the house as he asks, "what happened to you?" His voice sounds steady and serious. She isn't sure herself, the last thing she remembers is being a part of the great seal.

"I don't know" she says

They get inside and she is placed on a comfy wide couch. She is now able to take a good look at the boy who saved her. He was tall, much taller than her, with wavy brown hair that hangs along his face, and light grey eyes that seem to shine bright. He wears a black turtleneck with slacks and a big red button up jacket which he places on the couch arm upon entering. A silence falls between the two and they watch each other, as if waiting for the other to say something. Finally, she decides to break the silence.

"I'm Kotone Shiomi" she says with a bright smile.

He pauses with a look of surprise then as if realizing oh right they haven't introduced themselves yet he nods in understanding.

"I'm Shin Kanzato" he says.

She keeps up her smile and says "Nice to meet you Shin"

Shin quietly asks, "Why didn't you have any clothes...?"