Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Kotone awoke to the first morning rays of light seeping into the room from the window above that soon illuminated the whole room. With the new light she could better make out the room she had been staying in. There is a small desk a little way from the bed, up above she could see the shelves better and make out the clay sculptures with one she hadn't noticed before catching her attention. It was one of Igor. She can't help but smile at the level of detail before placing it back up. The smile fades as Igor's words now return to her mind. A new mission. Shin, the boy who has helped her so far, is going to be roped into it. She frowns, she knows all too well the life a persona user lives and it isn't easy, she recalls the hardships and people lost along the way. After a few more moments in thought she decides to start getting up. She leaves the blanket behind but still finds comfort in the jacket she wears, it bringing back the memory of when she first had received it and how the heat from its previous wearer had been calming. Her face grows warm, warmer than the rest of her.

She gets up and moves to the door pulling it open carefully and peers down the hall. The two remaining room's doors were shut, but she could faintly make out the sounds of light movements as she makes her way to the stairs. Walking down she finds Shin sleeping on the floor wrapped up in the blanket she had used at first. She walks over to him and notes that despite his uncomfortable looking position he seems warm even peaceful which makes a smile form on her face. An idea comes to her as she turns her attention to the kitchen.

Shin awakens to find Kotone in the kitchen and momentarily fights the urge to fall back asleep, he pushes himself forward and walks in where he is greeted by the cheerful girl.

"Good morning!" she says with a smile all too bright for so early in the day.

He yawns "Morning" the grogginess still clear on his face. She giggles a bit.

He inspects the food and sees there are eggs, pancakes, toast, and even bacon.

"What's all this for?" he asks noticing how much food she had prepared.

"I figured it was the least I can do to thank you for all your help last night" she says with a small shrug.

"You really made a lot" he now looks a bit lost "How long were you in here for?"

"I got up not too long ago and saw you were still sleeping so I thought I would surprise you, and you did say you have two other brothers here, right?"

He nods.

"Then there will be plenty for everyone" she says with a smile "I wonder when they will get up" she adds thoughtfully with a small tilt of her head.

Two knocks sound from upstairs and catch the attention of the two.

"Shin, are you in there?" a voice can be heard.

Shin immediately goes wide eyed and turns to Kotone "I forgot my younger brother usually wakes me up in the morning for school! I'm going to go upstairs, I guess you will be meeting my brothers soon" he says as he jogs up the stairs.

Kotone stays put and continues the last part of the meal when she hears multiple footsteps coming down the stairs. There she sees the three Kanzato brothers, with Shin looking nervous and the other two looking surprised.

She takes a moment to observe the two. The smallest has blonde hair with bangs that cover his forehead and currently has on a yellow and black baseball shirt and pants. The second is the tallest of the three, he has a wavy black hair with a curly strand hanging down his face and a pair of glasses with square lenses and currently is in a simple white shirt and tie with jeans.