Iris 1

Iris POV:

It's been me and my baby sister called Rosie for a while now. Just the two of us, ever since mom and dad died.  We've been barely surviving for a while since our last place got over run by walkers. Luckily a few weeks ago I found a new house tucked in deep in the forest. The brush so thick no walker would be able to get us now.  There's a decent amount of food left, looked like the last owners were able to survive for a while but than offed themselves, how tragic.

     I've been meaning to scout the area for something like food, ammo, anything really. And today is the day i'll finally do it.  With my baby sister, I didn't feel comfortable leaving her in a unfamiliar place so i took her with me despite my better judgment.

        With my knife on my belt and a loaded hand gun, I felt pretty safe, safe as you can be during these times. I hopped over the barb wire surrounding the house and ventured north.  Walking through the thick brush I stopped at a large boulder for a drink of water. Suddenly twigs started to snap all around me, branches breaking, leaves crunching. I put baby Rose on top of the boulder out of reach of those horrible monsters, she was still lightly sleeping. I took out my knife, ready for the attack. Two came at me at once a stabbed both them quickly in the head. Than another, and another, and another, I was surrounded by at least a dozen of them. I swung my knife towards the hungry crowd of walkers, barely scratching their faces. When I realized my knife wasn't going to cut it, I took out my gun and started killing them one by one.

Carls POV:

         Dad and I and the rest of our group have been walking for a while, hoping to find something  like a building. But than all of a sudden I hear the slight noise of branches breaking and leaves crunching , and it sounds like a lot of them. I slowly start to walk towards that noise till my dad stops me.  Than we hear 2 gunshots go off, someone's in trouble. I try to run forward but my dad stops me again and the rest of the group looks hesitant about it, not knowing who it could be. Till we hear a baby crying, all of our heads turn to Judith but she's still sound asleep. Than we all start running towards the commotion, knowing that we couldn't let a baby die. 

         Once we arrive at the scene, there was a girl, that looked around my age fighting off a small herd of walkers. And there was the baby crying on top of a rock with nobody watching after her. I immediately shot one of the walkers closes to the baby. My dad and the others went up and stabbed the rest of the walkers herding around the girl. Once all of them were dead we backed up a little not knowing how the girl might respond. She picked up her knife that was still dodged in a walkers skull and put it into her holster, same thing with her gun. So we put our guns back into our holsters. Than the girl reached up and grabbed the crying baby from the rock and placed it into her skinny arms and started rocking it till it stopped crying. She than looked back up at us with her beautiful brown eyes. It took her a moment to analyze our group than she let our the words "Thank you"

      Iris POV:

       Just as i though i was new walker food, i herd another gun shot that wasn't mine. Than i looked in-front of me and a group of people were helping me fight off walkers. One by one the walkers died till there was non left. I quickly pulled my knife out of a walkers head and placed it into my belt and i put my gun back into my holster so I can safely bring Rosie down from the boulder i had placed her on. I started rocking her till she no longer cried. Than I finally looked up at the group of people who saved me, I looked around looking for signs that this group might be bad, but I saw women and even another baby, I also looked at this one kid about the same age as me, and I must say he was good looking. After a long look at the group I finally said "Thank you". They kinda looked at me funny, like at the fact it wasn't a grown man or something that was fighting all those walkers.

         There seemed to be an awkward silence between us, so I decided to ask "what's your name"  I wasn't sure who I was directly talking too, but whoever answers must be the groups leader. "Rick, Rick Grimes"  said the man with a beard and the boy standing next to him, weary of my presence. Than Rick asked me "yours?" and I quickly replied  "I'm Iris, and this is my baby sister Rose" I said motioning to the baby in my hands. Than the boy next to Rick asked probably out of curiosity "where's the parents?". I simply just say "dead". The boy than softly said sorry and looked to the ground. To change the subject I asked "do you have a camp or just passing  through?" Rick than looked behind him for supporting faces at weather or not he should say. "For now just passing through, and you?" he than asked. I hesitate at first, but they look and seem like good people, they did save my life after all. "I have a house am staying at, not too far from here. You guys are welcome to come, there's food, water, shelter, and a fence around the property." I said almost proud of my self for finally having something to show for. I see the group faces light up, it seems like they've been on the road for a while. "Alright, we appreciate your offer but I do have to ask you three questions first" Rick said. "Ok" I replied not knowing what kind of questions it must be. "How many walkers have you killed?" I think about that for a moment, it's hard to answer because when you killed so many it's hard to keep track. " I'm not sure, too many to count" I said hoping that would be good enough. He than asked "How many people have you killed?".  That's tuff to answer, not because I killed a lot of people, but because what if they see me as a killer if i do tell them. I decide to tell them the truth "2 people" I said sharply. Than finally he asked "Why?". Why I killed those 2 people? I try not to take to long to think about it. "They wanted to kill me, me and my family" I gave them the short version I didn't want to tell them the whole details of the story. Hopefully that was enough, I really want them to come with me. Because  than I wouldn't be so lonely. Rick than proudly says "Alright than, show us the way". It looks like I passed there little test, so I walk back to the house the way I came and the group followed closely behind me, especially the Carl boy.

(hey y'all, this is my first twd fanfic so sorry if it's bad! thanks for reading though, also please comment !)