Chapter 2: Mysterious Dreams

Sitting with my hands tightly cuffed, I found myself surrounded by a group of menacing individuals brandishing heavy firearms. Their hostile glares sent a shiver down my spine. "I'd hate to encounter these men on a good day,"

I thought to myself, stealing a quick glance through a small tear in the fabric that bound me. I realized that I was only a couple of hours away from Jackson, and if I managed to escape, I could quickly make my way back.

I noticed that one of the men's holsters was unbuckled, making his gun easily accessible. The others seemed agitated, their tempers on the verge of exploding. "You know, I'm quite fond of getting to know people through games," I said, intentionally raising my voice to sound irritating.

Instantly, the men clenched their fists, their anger escalating. "Who shall I eliminate first, hmm?" I taunted, my voice laced with a sinister amusement.

My words struck a nerve with the bald man who stepped forward, looming over me. "What did you just say, you little-" Before he could finish, I swiftly headbutted him, disorienting him for a moment.

Capitalizing on the opportunity, I deftly twisted my elbow, striking another man and causing him to stagger. With lightning speed, I snatched the pistol from the disoriented man, firing off a series of shots.

One of the bullets ricocheted off an object, inadvertently hitting a woman in the front. Her piercing scream of agony echoed through the air, amplifying the tension in the room.

As the truck overturned and crashed, I felt myself being lifted off the floor. The impact caused my restraints to break, granting me the freedom to crawl out through the back. The cacophony of infected creatures drew near, their ghastly sounds growing louder by the second. Hastily, I scrambled up a snow bank, desperately seeking safety.

Midway through my escape, my foot caught on a rock, sending me tumbling down the hill. In the chaos, I lost my grip on the gun, watching it disappear in the distance. Once I finally came to a stop.

I staggered to my feet and darted towards Jackson. The closer I got, the unmistakable smell of burning filled the air, drawing my attention to billowing black smoke rising above the city.

My heart sank as I beheld the sight before me. Jackson, once a thriving place, was now engulfed in flames. It was unfathomable. "How could this be? How could it be on fire?" I wondered, my mind racing. Ignoring my shock, I pressed on, determined to investigate further. Reaching the gate, I found it demolished, allowing me to enter.

Everywhere I turned, the scene was one of devastation. Fire ravaged buildings stood as grim testaments to the chaos that had unfolded. The ground was stained with blood, a chilling reminder of the violence that had taken place. It was a sight that struck fear into my heart.

"Ellie! Joel!" I cried out their names, my voice filled with shock and disbelief.

As I searched through the wreckage, I found Ellie lying on the ground beneath the burnt rubble. She lay there lifeless, her throat brutally slit. There was no pulse. She was gone. Tears streamed down my face as a wave of grief washed over me.

In the midst of my sorrow, I heard slow clapping emanating from behind me. Through the thick smoke, a figure emerged, shrouded in darkness. They continued to clap, a cruel and mocking sound. Anger surged within me, and I rose to my feet, ready to confront this twisted individual. But as the figure stepped forward, my heart froze in my chest.

It was my father, but He was transformed, a horrifying zombified version of himself. "It's all falling into place, Y/N," he rasped, his voice chilling to the bone. He gestured towards something behind me, urging me to turn around.