Chapter 3: Confronting The Past

Ellie POV:

Past:

Y/N and I had planned a little playdate to escape the hustle and bustle of the Jackson environment, and my thoughts wandered to an old shooting range that I knew he would enjoy. It seemed like the perfect place for him to take his mind off things.

Y/N had developed a newfound fondness for the hunting rifle that Joel had gifted him. As we arrived at the range, I watched in awe as he sniped dozens of targets with remarkable precision. It was truly amazing to witness the change in Y/N's abilities.

However, amidst all the changes, there was one constant: his trusty blue metallic baseball bat. Y/N and that bat were inseparable, often jokingly referred to as his second girlfriend. Even as he effortlessly sniped the targets, the bat remained faithfully by his side.

As I ventured forward to explore the armoury in search of any remaining supplies, my excitement grew when I stumbled upon several boxes of ammunition. "Jackpot!" I exclaimed, my happiness fleeting as I was suddenly taken by surprise and forcefully pinned against the wall from behind.

A man's hand covered my mouth, silencing any protests or cries for help. I could feel his hand grazing my clothing, but with a surge of determination, I sank my teeth into his flesh, tearing out a chunk. He stumbled back in pain, giving me a moment of respite.

To my relief, Y/N appeared just in time, swinging his trusty bat with a resounding crack against the assailant's head. But he didn't stop there. The bat relentlessly descended upon the man, beating and crushing his skull until there was nothing but a gruesome mess left. It was in that horrifying moment that I noticed a distinct change in the colour of Y/N's eyes.

He approached me with concern etched on his face, his hands gently cupping my cheeks. "Are you okay?" he asked softly.

"I'm fine," I replied, managing a half-smile despite the lingering tension.

Y/N reached for a cloth and carefully wiped the blood from my mouth. "Such a messy girl," he teased, planting a tender kiss on my lips.

As the evening darkened into night, we realized it was time to find a place to camp. Y/N led the way, and I followed closely, trusting his instincts. We ascended to a rooftop, where we found a spot to settle. I started a fire, its crackling flames casting a warm glow around us. Y/N draped a blanket over my shoulders, ensuring my comfort.

"Come here," I whispered, pulling him closer. Our lips met in a passionate, lingering kiss. My hands found their way to the back of his neck, while his hands gently rested on my hips. Time seemed to stand still as the crackle of the fire provided the only soundtrack to our intimate desires. That night, things grew intense and passionate between us, illuminated by the flickering flames.

Present Day:

Y/N POV:

My head was spinning from the merciless beating I had endured. As I regained consciousness, I found my left hand handcuffed to the side of the bed. A few feet away from me sat a pregnant woman, and there was something about her that seemed familiar, but I couldn't quite place it.

"I see you're awake," the woman said, turning around with a clipboard in her hands. "You took quite a beating."

"Thanks for the update," I replied sarcastically, sitting up and trying to shake off the pain.

The woman chuckled. "My name is Mel. The one who beat you is Abby."

"Ah, the muscular she-hulk bitch," I muttered, recalling the encounter.

"That's her," Mel confirmed, placing a file on the table. "And yes, I remember you from five years ago."

Recognition flashed in my mind. "You're Mel. We crossed paths before."