Chapter 2

Siruth was walking down the hallway of the colossal ship she is inside of. The Nerazim have ships of their own, but none were as enormous as the ship she was in. It would take her days to move from end to end. It both awed and terrified her. The amount of skill and will to construct such marvels of technology but also to what use they will be for. What will these ships do after liberating Aiur? Be defenders or set out to conquer again.

She agreed with what the Khalai wanted to do. Stopping the Zerg is a noble and practical goal. Her concern was with what would be there goal after it has been achieved. The Nerazim while weakened in the past had not really needed to be worried of the Khalai. The Khalai were weakened by the Brood War more than they were. They had the means to fight still while the Khalai did not. The power was in their favour.

All she can hope is that they would not turn on their allies. A hope she believes has little chance to be.

She approaches those under her command and relays what their mission is. Many of them make similar remarks that she felt when hearing the orders. One of them though spoke up and asked, "Why are we going to Khor-shakal? The city has no value other than sentiment." Siruth did think it was odd that they were going to liberate the city where there were more important areas to liberate. "Perhaps there is something important that the Conclave had or some other thing of importance. Regardless of why we are going or what we will find we should prepare ourselves."

They understood her and set out to ready themselves. Whatever they will find it has to be important Siruth thought.

Zirol's steps are heavy and slow as his mind hasn't left what happened to him that day. He struggles to keep focus on the mission as he continues down the hall to where his force is. He can't have them feel his state. Before he enters and informs them what they shall do he calms himself. He thinks of the emotions he will have after Aiur's liberation. The pride, power, and relief, and hones in on that. Sharpens its influence. He lets out a sigh of rest then continues is stridden to is destination.

Zirol tells them what they will do. To anyone looking in on them it seems they have been staring at each other but to them they have spoken at detail. Sharing voices, images, and emotions. The Zealots under his command know what they will do and are excited to reclaim the fortress city. A symbol of the old Protoss being renewed by its grave. But like Zirol they question why the Nerazim have been brought with. Why did they believe them needed for this task? The Zealots share Zirol's sentiments on the Nerazim and how they shouldn't be here, but Zirol tells them that they should be calm. Whether they like it or not the Nerazim are here to stay. At least for now. But that doesn't mean they have to make them feel welcomed.

After he gave them their orders they started to just talk. It was about the Nerazim then to Aiur, ending in their hopes for the future. Zirol expressed he would love to return to his colony world and reclaim it for the Khalai again. Eventually it worn off and they all began to leave and resume their duties and preparations. Zirol enjoyed the company of his men and for the moment forgot his sadness.

Author's Notes: The art above was done by kcajd, but it seems their deviant art has been deactivated.

Also I hope any who are reading this are enjoying it. Any critique is most welcomed!