Chapter 6

Siruth stayed in the shadows as she rushed back towards the Arrow. Severing the nerve cords of any Khala protoss she encountered. Most went into fits of despair, but they all quickly realized that the time for mourning and grief would be for later. They followed her to the chamber housing the Arrow of Adun. Battle echoes in the room as she sees her dark templar fighting off Amon's forces. It seems they have received the instructions she had been given as well. Khala protoss with severed cords fought with them. They struggled to end the battle because they weren't trying to kill them. They were trying to save them.

Siruth sprinted in quickly, cutting their never cords. More dark energies erupted out of them dissipating into the air. Siruth shudders at how it must feel to be controlled by Amon. Your will and souls are his to do whatever he wishes. She thinks how right the Nerazim are. We are free from his influence because of our ways. But quickly dismisses those thoughts. She can't think like this. No-one could have predicted the dark god doing this or even appearing at all.

A dark templar quickly rushes to Siruth, "My lady we are thankful you have come, so, quickly. We feared we may have to end them,"

Siruth replies, "Worry not my warrior but if some had died by your hands do not despair." She pauses for a moment, "Are there an engineer's left alive?"

"Yes, they were easier to save than the Templar were."

"Good, have them begin launching the Arrow and activating its defences. We must leave before Amon's forces arrive in force."

"At once my lady." He quickly returns to the Arrow and relay Siruth's orders.

Siruth opens her communications to contact the Hierarch. Her comms fail her as she repeatedly tries. Suddenly her comms activated but not from Artanis, but from a engineer, "My lady to get the Arrow operational we must activate the generators in the chamber. They can be remotely activated from here, but our enemies will not allow it to stay on for long."

"Then we shall hold them." Siruth now looking at the Templars, "Warrior's we must defend the generators so that the Arrow will activate. Move towards these areas." She sends them all off and all of them following her commands dutiful. But before she can ask the engineers to contact the Hierarch her comms activate again, "My lady, I must inform you that while we are skilled engineers we aren't masters. It will take longer for us to bring ship online."

"I am concerned about that as well. I have been trying to contact the Hierarch on our plan to activate the Arrow and ask Karax for help, but I cannot reach them."

"We have had similar difficulties as well. We speculate interference in the tunnels or Amon's forces. Or the worst has happened."

"Regardless we must know. Can you not use the ship to make contact?"

"We can do that. But it will split our focus."

"Hurry then. We have little time to spare before Amon's forces are upon us."

Siruth began to hear clawing and scratching in halls leading to the chamber. The Zerg have returned, but they appear different. Their eyes glow a dark red ash color. Siruth immediately knows what is happening. She immediately shouts, "Warrior's, Amon has control of the Zerg. Be wary of the battle ahead. He will have us all killed but do not let him. Living and being free of him is the greatest insult we can levy at him. Be ready to protect the Arrow so that we may be an afront to his will." The warrior's bellowed in response and began to take their formations.

Zerglings poured out of the tunnels resembling a mush covered tide. The Zerglings weren't as numerous as when they fought to retake the city but were still vast. The Stalkers killed many at range and any that came through were killed by the Zealots and Dark Templar.