✯twenty-five✯

⚠️Trigger warning⚠️
This would be the part where Nate holds a gun to Maddy's head, but I changed it so there will be attempted r@pe. If you can't read, you can skip to the end and read after Natalie goes to Nate's house or you can skip the whole chapter. Enjoy!

Maddy had to babysit and of course Natalie went with her. Natalie was heartbroken and depressed. She didn't know what really happened with Nate and Cassie. She couldn't believe her best friend would do something like that. She couldn't believe Nate wouldn't tell her and let her be friends with someone who was making her look dumb.

Samantha had come back from her night out with her friends and offered to go swim and drink with Natalie and Maddy, obviously Natalie wouldn't be drinking. Samantha had a swimsuit from when she was pregnant with Theo that she let Natalie borrow. When they got in the pool they ended talking about the Nate and Cassie situation.

"God, that's horrible." Samantha said after Natalie and Maddy got done explaining the situation "Right?" Maddy said taking a sip of her wine "You want to hear something more horrible?" Samantha asked.

"What?" Natalie asked, "When I was in college, I kind of did the same thing to one of my best friends." Samantha admitted "You mean you were Nat?" Maddy asked "No. No, that'd be less horrible. I, I was her." Samantha said.

"Don't tell us that. I like you. I know I don't work for you, but I like you a lot. Please don't tell me that." Natalie said, Samantha looked at her apologetically "You tried fuck one of your girlfriend's boyfriends?" Maddy asked.

"Yeah, multiple times." Samantha said, "You did this to multiple girlfriends?" Natalie asked "No! Jesus. Just one. She had herself her own Maddy too." Samantha said, Maddy and Natalie looked at her not wanting to believe what she was saying.

"Yeah... many times." Samantha said "Okay, but how close were you?" Maddy asked, Samantha looked at them giving them her answer "No, don't do this to us." Maddy said.

"I know. I'm sorry." Samantha said "Why?" Natalie asked hoping she could have some kind of understanding of why Cassie did what she did, "Because he gave me the right amount of attention at the wrong time." Samantha said.

"That is so depressing." Maddy said, "I was a fucking mess in high school... in college, and in my 20s." Samantha said and swam to sit between Natalie and Maddy
"The idea that there was ever anyone in the world who... would want to settle down and marry me was a complete shock to me." Samantha said.

"Are you kidding?" Natalie asked, she didn't believe that. Samantha was nice and caring, not to mention she was gorgeous "No. I'm not. I was, literally, the girl that everyone and their mothers used to say, No one would ever settle down and marry her, and God-help whoever did." Samantha said.

"Why would they say that?" Maddy asked "Because I was messy. Oh, and I loved to fight." Samantha said "Nat's not a mess, but her and I both do love a good fight. Her not so much." Maddy said, Natalie let out a small laugh "Oh, it's the best." Samantha said, "Totally underrated." Maddy added.

"In the long run, not so much, but in the moment?" Samantha said "It's fucking amazing. But... I mean, that's just who I am." Maddy said "Yeah? I used to think that's who I was, too, until I met Sebastian." Samantha said, "You don't fight?" Maddy asked in shock "Not really, no." Samantha said.

"Really?" Maddy asked, Samantha nodded "I just don't think my brain is wired that way." Maddy said "If you are still dating guys like this in your 40s, we'd be having a very different conversation, but you're 18 years old, both of you. Who gives a shit?" Samantha said.

"Did you and your friend ever make up?" Natalie asked after a second "God no. She never spoke to me again." Samantha said.

After Maddy and Natalie talked to Samantha some more they changed back into their clothes and went home. Natalie asked Maddy to take her to her house so she can get clothes, and she would just drive over to Maddy's when she was done.