Chapter 2

Storm pushed through the thickets in the woods. Her Nostrils filled with a stale scent "No use" she huffed, her muscles tightened with hope when she caught the fresh smell of rabbit. "Mickey, rabbits! Do you smell them?" She whispered glancing back at her packmate, "Yes, It's fresh too." Storms ears pricked with anticipation, she padded toward the scent, low to the ground, she crept close. Mickey's shoulder was practically inching on Storm's, as they reached the rabbit warren, Mickey instructed Storm "Storm be ready." Storm and Mickey leaped at entrances of the warren and began to dig, Storms paw pads were covered in mud & dirt quickly. Her face once a brown-ish red, now brown with dirt, Storm's nose filled with strong rabbit scent as she dug up the entrance. A gray fluff tried to slip past Storms muzzle but she swiftly caught its spine, she bit down hard, crushing its spine she shook it with one last jerk.

The pack gathered at Alpha's call "Pack! To me!" Storm lay down as she watched the pack gather. Daisy the small patrol dog, Dart the nasty scout dog, Arrow her fellow feirce dog, along with his mate Bella, the golden female thats Lucky's litter sister. Speaking of lucky, Storm looked over to see the golden furred Beta with his pups tumbling at his feet. Storm couldn't help remember when she was that size and toppling over Luckys paws, she smiled but it faded as she rested her head on her paws, she couldn't help feel lonely of some sort she sighed, I wish Whisper was here to be annoying to me.. "Storm? Storm! STORM!" she snapped out of her focus, realizing she had toned every one out. Beta barked for Storm to go pick out her part in the prey share, Storm rose to her paws and sadly walked over to the prey pile. Come on, you're better then this storm. Suck it up! She grapped her share and returned to her spot.

After the prey share storm turned to pad off to her den, "Storm! Come here." It was Lucky. Lucky is amazing, but I really don't want to talk right now! "Yes, Beta?" She gathered herself and turned to her Beta. "Are you ok? You seem so stressed and angry lately." He sounded concerned, but it only made Storm more angry, "angry lately?" WHAT! Lucky be reasonable, You know why I'm mad! She held back a choked growl in her throat. "I'm fine." She tried sounding happier, "I'm just tired so.. please, let me go to bed Beta." She said with respect, "If it makes you happier? But you shouldn't hide things from me Storm, good night." Storm turned "Goodnight Beta" she entered the den and curled up soon slipping into slumber.

(Hope you like it! Credits to Erin Hunter)