COURAGE

— ACT ONE

CHAPTER II

8:01 A.M.

"good morning seoul!" spiderman swings from building to building, occasionally just letting himself fall from a 15-story tower. with how fast he was falling,the wind was painfully ringing in his ear, but it put a smile on his face. and maybe it was just the feeling of free falling from 200 feet, but there's tingles sparking up in riki's stomach. being spiderman was what riki believed he did best. in this form he was cool and brave, he was the best version of himself.

the hero is swinging in front of a coffee shop when he senses an old lady crossing the street before the light turns green. she's a couple of feet away but riki shoots a web at a pole and pulls himself towards her. there's a truck racing to beat the yellow light when the lady is half way on the street, having spiderman panic in his head and shoot another web towards the lady's arm to pull her to him instead. she yelps in surprise as riki grabs her and swings them on top of the stop light.

"ma'am, sorry for the disrespect, but are you crazy?" riki tries not to shake the lady but he can't help it when she could've been hurt if he had show up 2 seconds later. she looks around to see that they are 25 feet above a crowd clapping and cheering for spiderman.

"where am i?" is the only thing she responds with. riki is about to yell his head off at the poor old lady when his suit notifies him that sunoo is calling. it takes him 3 rings to set her down and swing himself up on a roof, answering his best friend.

"hello-"

"ki, you might want to come to school now." sunoo cuts him off. he hears muffled voices in the background and his friend yelling at someone before the call endsl. riki's heart drops as he rushes to school, dropping by a nearby alleyway to change.

when he walks up to the front of the school, people are staring, whispering to their peers, and snickering. it makes him wonder if they saw him change out of his spidey suit, until he sees what is really making people look. in the front of the school, on top of the office building, laid a huge banner of riki from when he was in 7th grade with his colorful braces, big glasses, and a goofy haircut.

flash, his bully since elementary school, is the first one to greet him. a smile is plastered on his face, contrasting to riki's irritated look. "well if it isn't mr. famous. like your present?" he pats riki on the back, making his body jolt from the hard impact.

the high that he felt from this morning is suddenly wearing off and he's back to being the ordinary riki.

"aw, don't be so quiet nishimura. i worked so hard."

"honestly flash, people might think that you have a crush on ki since you always do things to get his attention." sunoo walks up with the rest of their friend group, including a trailing jungwon. when riki locks eyes with jungwon, he flushes in humiliation and puts his head down to avert.

his bully rolls his eyes now that the rest of riki's group is facing him.

"alright i'll leave. your knight in shining armor is finally here, princess." he ruffles riki's hair while his head down, causing sunoo to push his hand off of his head. when flash looks at jungwon frown at the way he was treating riki, he smirks.

"looks like you guys have a prettier princess though." jungwon wants to barf from the way flash is looking at him. "hang out with me some time soon, okay jungwon?"