MISTLETOE

ACT TWO

CHAPTER VI

3:14 P.M.

it was difficult juggling meeting with black cat to discuss their plans to infiltrate wilson fisks' building and study for their finals to remain the top student. riki was used to studying late due to his spiderman duties, but the thought of spending time with jungwon during their winter break proved to be efficient motivation.

with 16 minutes to spare, riki put down his paper and checked over his answers one last time before bringing it up to his teacher.

jungwon and riki were not officially dating—they've gotten extremely close but didn't have a label yet, especially when riki feels jungwon pulling away from him when they take a step closer to becoming more.

the annoying high-pitched bell jolts riki from his thoughts, his mind instantly turning to future plans with jungwon. so he rises from his desk and is the first to leave the class as soon as he hears his teacher dismiss them.

the hallways are filled with dozens of students; their voices bouncing off the lockers.

hearing a familiar squeaky voice, riki's ear twitches. his spidey sense doesn't alert him that a body is about to jump him because the round-headed boy was nowhere near dangerous.

"riki!" the owner of the certain voice wraps his arms around his neck from behind. instinctively, riki hoists him up on his back and grabs each of his legs to prevent him from falling. he's a little heavy, but riki doesn't care when he hears giggling.

"to what do i owe the pleasure of being sir jungwon's ride to the soccer field?" jungwon laughs even harder at riki as he starts galloping, ignoring all of the weird stares he's getting from everyone.

when they see the principal from the corner of their eyes, jungwon jumps down and instead walks by his side.

"hey," riki's fingertips start to burn when he feels jungwon sneak his hand into his. "are you free christmas day?"

riki's throat decides to malfunction, causing him to start to choke on absolutely nothing. his whole face is turning  into a deep shade of pink as jungwon rubs his back for comfort.

"yeah!" the crack in his voice is almost as embarrassing as how enthusiastic he sounded. but jungwon doesn't make fun of him. clearing his throat, riki tries again. "like a hangout, right?"

"i was thinking as a date." jungwon's straightforwardness causes him to cough all over again. not trusting the state of his voice, riki nods in agreement and tightens his grip on jungwon's hand.

"great! i'll text you the address to my house, but you have to promise you won't be all shell shocked." jungwon notices riki's confused face when he realises that he's been dropping him off at the wrong place as himself and as spiderman.

the two blushing teenagers end up talking about date ideas all the way until they reach the soccer field, to find heeseung and sunoo talking, jake juggling a soccer ball, and sunghoon and jay playfully arguing.

"the couple finally arrived." if they weren't already blushing, this comment would've caused them to.

"what's our first activity for our first day of winter break?" jake claps his hands to get everybody's attention.

"legos at riki's?" sunghoon offers.

"we do need to finish the millennium falcon. 7,000 more pieces to go since sunghoon and jay wanted to leave in the middle of our lego session." sunghoon and jay roll their eyes at the youngests' teasing.