0. EXTENDED SUMMARY, ( + note).

The day I was born was a rainy day.

Skies dark like ash, waters raging. The waves crashed and broke against the shore in a resounding splash. As if saying, 'Something big is coming.'

But that is only my arrogance. Bred from a tiredness I could not overcome. With my sight foggy and my heart weak, the sound of the storm climbing the reef drowned me. It swallowed me up and chewed me to pieces, melding and moulding my unfit soul into a child's body.

On a rainy day, I was born a second time.

To a mother I did not care for. And yet, I still had to lay in her arms as she writhed and died.

Voices wailed out and clung to her. And when there was no response, they'd decided to cling to the thing that killed her instead.

Me.

Me who could only bother to weep when given another life, feeling wronged and robbed of my peace.

The name I'd been given then was Amara te Ayiaw Hārata'ite. A baby who'd laid still on her mother's chest as if she was dead, silent tears rolling down her rounded cheeks.

▪︎ ▪︎ ▪︎

[hello :).

i ran out of fics to read so i made my own. i wasn't sure whether to post this or not, but if you're reading this then i must have followed through.

ao'nung is a little bit possessive obsessive in this. i don't know how he turned out like that. warnings for mature/sexual themes, canon typical violence, and minor differences in timelines, dialogue, ages, and sequence of events.

they're reincarnated soulmates by the way. not sure if that counts as a spoiler but it'll save you the confusion. hope you like it. ]