Damn it.

<3 Akito's POV <3

I looked at the time on my phone. 10:00am. I was late to school, again. I really need to start setting an alarm or something. I thought. I got up from my bed, stumbling over to my dresser, picking out the usual clothes I wear to school. I grabbed my backpack and headed out of my room, shutting the door behind me.

"Akito! You're late for school!" My father said to me as I walked down the stairs.

"Yes, dad. I'm aware." I sighed; I hated being late to school because then I'd just get yelled at by the homeroom teacher for being late. The thought of it gave me chills for some reason. 

"Do you need me to drive you to the school or anything?" My father asked immediately.

"No, I'm good. Thanks." I waved my goodbyes and headed out the door. It was kind of chilly today, but I had on a decent sized hoodie. I looked on my phone, watching for any messages... specifically from Toya. He hasn't spoken to me all morning... I hope he's at school today. I reached the school, speeding through the halls, soon bursting into my homeroom. 

"Akito? Where have you been? You're VERY late!" The homeroom teacher snapped. 

"Sorry, ma'am." I said quietly, but loud enough for some people to hear.

"Sigh. It's okay, please take your seat." I did exactly what I was told, my face burning up in embarrassment. God, I need to stop being so late to class. I heard a familiar voice whispering my name, trying to get my attention. I looked over to see An smiling at me.

"Akito!!" An whispered. She was actually kind of loud, if you thought about it. I wouldn't be surprised if she got yelled at.

"What?!" I replied with an annoyed tone, but somewhat quieter than she was. 

"Why were you late? .. AGAIN?" An raised her voice at the last part, but quickly shut up when the teacher turned around. I giggled. 

"I just woke up a bit late, okay? It's nothing important!" I responded. I swear, if An kept bugging me every single time I was late to class, I was gonna explode. 

"Oookay, grumpy." An giggled and turned her attention back to the lesson. I sighed in relief. Hopefully Toya would be at the library today. He's always hanging out there. 

Class was unbelievably long and boring, as always. Without saying a word to anybody, I quickly set off to find my best friend.